shooting from water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know any Seals? Any Marines? How About Special Forces guys. I know Army Ranger? Ask them how they shoot from the water. Do you think they pull them from a water proof case just before they shoot them.

100 posts in 9 days, must be a record.

I never lead the clay, bird whatever. I point at target and fire. You can't beat the physics of it. I said I shoot sporting clays and got board with it. Using the Lucky McDaniel's way of shooting rifle called Instinctive Rifle or Quick kill Rifle. I'm shooting 99 out of 100 sometimes 100 out of 100. I got board.

Please post the link to your published scores......

Uh huh.....I'm calling BS or you don't know what sporting clays really is, since shooting them like a rifle is a great recipe for utter failure.......

Sorry, too many loony what-if threads make you sound more like a poser or video game commando.

As others have said on the other threads......I'm out of this......:rolleyes:

If you happen to have a H&K 416 you can shoot straight from water, it is designed for that, if however you are using an M-4 or AR clone or any commercial pistol that I am aware of it has to be drained before firing to avoid a catastrophic failure. If you are wet and your weapon is dry it is no more than a exercise in trying to be accurate while being uncomfortable and maybe shivering. You can train and learn to do many many things. The questions are why and is it really worth doing.

SGMS good response. I was told you always angle your rifle or pistol down so the water drains out before bringing it up to the sights.

FITASC I don't need to prove anything. I'm not here to do that. But I do know who I am and if you did you wouldn't try to get me kicked off this site. But I thank you for leaving my thread.

How about ask your buddy to club you over the head with a 2x4 every time you change magazine? More interesting than shooting with mere goose bumps from cold water.

Maybe the 2x4 followed by a bucket full of ice water, and then a bite in the butt by a snapping turtle.

Perhaps I saw that in a movie starts with letter J.

-TL

EOD1,
I invite you to come shoot Small Bore Silhouette with us at the East End Rod & Gun Club. You will need a rifle in 22LR and probably a good scope on it. We shoot every second Saturday of the month from 9:00AM until we are worn out. We aren't very competitive and shoot mostly for the challenge of it. I compete against myself as I am trying to get better. I doubt that you will get bored unless you get bored with hitting fewer targets than you would like.

There is also another game at the range, it's called Five Stand and it is a shotgun shoot. There are three different sized clays that come from most any directions including the rabbit that bounces along the ground. The setup changes all the time and some of the clay com at you, some are wing shots at very different altitudes, and some travel away. You shoot five targets from five different shooting positions.

When you get bored with that there is also the three gun competition, the cowboy action shooters and the muzzle loaders shoot.

A little something for everyone with archery, knife and tomahawk throwing, falling plates and the fun keeps going.
The club is in NE Oregon just 5 miles from the Washington state line. If you go to the website look under events/silhouette and it will list a contact - that would be me. Just give me a call and I can tell you how to get there and the times and dates for all the events. They are all open to the public so you don't have to waste your money on a membership to shoot any of the events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back