Shock & Awe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto_95 said:
Pete, your SSN is your identity. That is the defining identification instrument for you.
A credit card has limits and protection. Your bank account has limits and protection.
By having your ssn, a person can become you. Credit cards and bank accounts are theirs at a whim.

No, it's not and no, they don't. Even with the totality of a persons identifying information, you can't just go open a bank account or get a loan. You have to actually MATCH the person. A 19 year old girl tries to open a bank account in my name, it's not happening. Online accounts and loans have protections in place. It's not like you own the genie because you know one string of numbers.

It's a tad easier with the ssn but it's certainly not "a whim".

In the end, it's very simple. Do you really expect a gun dealer to try to steal your ID? He WILL get caught. Do you really think he'd risk his business and reputation for your identity? Do you think one of his minions might steal your ID? Even if they were so inclined, why you? What are the odds they'd pick you? Even if they did, do you not monitor your credit? Even if they did, they're GOING TO get caught.

Of all the ways and places your identity can be stolen a 4473 is way, waaaay down the list of worries.

Why have any risk?
Actually a male that is 19-20 can become you. Via the internet.
Are you really that secure that you are willing to risk everything?

Whatever:rolleyes:

Why have any risk?

I hope no one is so naive as to believe that they don't have any risk.

Every financial company with which you've ever dealt has your ssn and all your other information, forever.

Every... single... one.... forever. How many employees will they have during their existence? How many security breaches will they have? How will you ever know?

Seriously though. If you don't want to put your ssn on the 4473, don't. If you get denied, don't come whining on TFL wondering why. The answer is simple. You're a close enough match to some prohibited person and you didn't give your ssn.

Have fun with the appeal.

Oh, and "risk everything"? A little overly dramatic are we?

Insults aside, I won't be worrying about being denied.
You see down here in Kentucky, we have legislators that are right minded and listen to the people they work for. Once approved for a CCDW permit, no NICS call is required. Pay your money and take your gun. Pretty simple huh?

I do feel for you living up there.
I was born and raised in Rochester. Got out as soon as possible.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back