Shipping guns via FedEx to FFL: questions

I have a C&R and shipped off a few things as I am unloading the collection. Handguns are complicated and I think that a dealer is often the best hassle free way for them, fees included.
Gunbroker offers a breakdown of dealers in various areas who will handle this.
Average appears to be $25-30.

I just sent a gun via FedEx on Monday, it has been delivered to Springfield at 10:35 this morning.
Maybe the rules are different if it's going to the manufacturer.

The label said:
FedEx 2Day-Deliver Weekday, Direct Signature Required

Shipping guns via Fedex to FFL: questions

I tried to send a gun I had to a gunsmith who is an FFL, fedex would not ship it,
said it had to be shipped by a FFL, and that this is a NEW POLICY, some 7 days old.
Then had to go to regional UPS, not the storefront UPS, who charged $80 for
overnite, which is the only way they will ship it.
Sounds like you either ship pieces by separate mail, or get your FFL to ship for you.
Failing that, time for the politicians to rise UP!!!:D

NeverEnough said:
You can still ship a firearm via Fedex

Billy the Kidder said:
I just sent a gun via FedEx....

Geez! Didn't you read dogtown tom's post?

dogtown tom said:
FedEx recently changed its policies. Now only FFL's enrolled with their shipping program may ship firearms using FedEx.

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/SG_TermsCond_US_2021.pdf....

FedEx employees and agents (just as any business' employees and agents) will make mistakes or misunderstand their employers policies or otherwise screw up. So the guy at the counter could get it wrong, and therefore your personal experience with a busness cannot be taken as conclusive evidence of what the business' rules are.

If S&W doesn't tell the carrier what's in the box, the carrier doesn't know what's in the box.
Seriously?
The driver pulls up to S&W, the sender addy is SAW and their MA address. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what might be inside

FITASC
Quote:
If S&W doesn't tell the carrier what's in the box, the carrier doesn't know what's in the box.
Seriously?
Yes, seriously.

The driver pulls up to S&W, the sender addy is SAW and their MA address. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what might be inside
Uhhhhh........parts? Accessories? T Shirts? Ball caps? Magazines?

I just sent a gun via FedEx on Monday, it has been delivered to Springfield at 10:35 this morning.
Maybe the rules are different if it's going to the manufacturer.

The label said:
FedEx 2Day-Deliver Weekday, Direct Signature Required

Did you use a pre-paid shipping label from the manufacturer? If you did then they are the shipper, not you.

marvin02
Did you use a pre-paid shipping label from the manufacturer? If you did then they are the shipper, not you.
Nonsense.
If I send a USPS shipping label for a nonlicensee to mail me a handgun...they'll commit a felony if they take it to the post office.

No matter whose name is on the return address label, the shipper is the person who delivers the package to the carrier or to the post office.

Back