Shield .40 sw to .357 sig conversion?

MUST get heavier recoil spring . . .

I run 357 Sig out of my Glock 27. Even with a stiffer spring it is still snappy, though not painful by any measure.

The Glock uses the same spring for 9mm, 40 and 357 Sig.

here is the .357 sig conversion barrel for the standard non ported .40 shield:

remsport manufacturing shield .357 barrel

attachment.php
Interesting. Now I have a reason to get a Shield in .40 caliber.

I'm not raining on any parades. Do as you like.
I find it interesting that folks seem to have strong opinions about using 9mm +P ammo.Most are against it in the posts.

9mm standard pressure is 35.000 psi. 40 S+W pressure is 35,000 psi.9mm +P is 38500.

357 sig is 40,000 psi.

Whatever works for you.

Quote "MUST get heavier recoil spring . . .

"I run 357 Sig out of my Glock 27. Even with a stiffer spring it is still snappy, though not painful by any measure. "

Quote "The Glock uses the same spring for 9mm, 40 and 357 Sig."

I have changed no (0) springs with my two FN 40s or my Glock 27 ….. only magazines for the calibers (not really needed for the FN weapons) where I like the luxury of only a barrel swap. Over 1,000 rounds of 357 Sig through each of three 40 S&W pistols with a barrel swap and no problems.

My Shield 40 (my fourth 40) may eventually get a 357 Sig barrel and mags, but I like the 40 and 9mm in it right now.

I made that comment because you were bumping your own thread after only a few hours from your previous comment. Given that the thread didn't escalate that much I'd say I wasn't overly far off (357 SIG certainly has fans but it's not typically a huge draw).

Note: this isn't me saying you didn't have the right to make a thread or that I'm some authority on what topics are worth discussing, because I'm not. This is me saying to have patience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have really been looking into trying this option for a carry gun.

I really liked my Shield 9 and have been looking for a deal on a .40 caliber to convert.

The only thing keeping me from moving forward is that I am considering going a different route all together with my main carry set up.

I have recently gained access to several different semi auto pistols to try out so it might take a while for me to decide.

As far as I know 9 to 40 does not work. If you want a convertable shield, you have to buy the 40 and either convert it to 9 or 357 sig. I have a shield 2.0 PC that I got the 357 sig ported barrel for. It’s snappy but I love it and carry it everyday.

Back