Shield .40 sw to .357 sig conversion?

I did it in my 4.25" Full Size 40.

I used a factory barrel which isn't an option for the Shield. I haven't seen anyone produce a conversion for the shield, have you?

That barrel you linked is ported and for the performance center shields only. I'd say you might wear the shield faster in .357 sig due to the higher pressure.

Probably not many.
A guy here got a Glock .357 Sig cheap.
First thing he did was to blow his savings on a 9mm barrel. Buy big and shoot small.

HighValleyRanch.

I got the TR-Enabling 9mm barrel with magazine(s) for my Shield 40.

TunnelRat, I beg to differ! I am still thinking of getting the TR-Enabling 357 Sig for my Shield 40, however I have 357 Sig barrels for three other 40 S&W weapons and have a hard problem finding the time to shoot all the guns with all the calibers even with a handgun range in my back yard.

And I would not be overly concerned with wearing the gun or any gun out.

TR-Enabling is run by two currently not on active duty Marines (There is not such thing as an ex Marine...LOL). They started, from what I can determine with conversations with one of them, in Jacksonville, N.C. (Camp Legeune), not far from me. Their work has proved to be very good from my experience.

Two years ago, I purchased two Sig Sauer Police Trade-ins in .40 S&W. They were in very good condition both externally and internally. One was a P226 and the other a P229. Bought two new Sig Sauer .357 Sig barrels. They are simple drop ins and use the same magazines.

Interesting. As mentioned that is a ported barrel for the PC model Shield. I'd look at this one if your holster can accommodate it:

http://www.tr-enabling.com/product-p/ba-p-mps-40-357ct.htm

That eliminates the port and gives some extra barrel length which would be good with this caliber.

Could you get a 9mm barrel & have the chamber recut for .357 SIG?

Maybe, but I wouldn't personally. The added pressure and reduce chamber support does not give me a lot of confidence, plus it would say "9mm" on it.

I have one. It works splendidly. I just gave my Shield to my daughter though as it is too thin for me and rotates in my hand when firing. I have tried several grip sleeve options.

For comparison here I am holding a sig 365.

The conversion is awesome though.

Attachments

• sig365.jpg
    sig365.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 86
"...have the chamber recut for .357 SIG..." Nope. You can't cut to make a smaller case fit a larger chamber. The 9mm case mouth is 1 thou smaller than the SIG's without the bottle neck. Needs a different barrel.

"...have the chamber recut for .357 SIG..." Nope. You can't cut to make a smaller case fit a larger chamber. The 9mm case mouth is 1 thou smaller than the SIG's without the bottle neck. Needs a different barrel.

Just out of curiosity, how is that when they use the same bullets?

,,,,,,,"Crazy thought, but maybe others aren't as interested in doing this?"

Ding,,,Ding,,,Ding,,,,,We have a winner!!!

That's probably why Lone Wolf doesn't make .357 sig conversion barrels for Glocks I guess, dah!

here is the .357 sig conversion barrel for the standard non ported .40 shield:

remsport manufacturing shield .357 barrel

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.48.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.48.48 AM.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,169
MUST get heavier recoil spring . . .

I run 357 Sig out of my Glock 27. Even with a stiffer spring it is still snappy, though not painful by any measure.

Back