Serious *&* expert needed: All-aluminum non-USAF M&P

S&W - Mercox Dart Projectile Gun.

Caliber .530 Dart projectile, .22 Ramset Blank Gas Generator.

Number of Shots, single shot projectile, 6 blank gas generators.

Blanks load by swinging out the cylinder just like other revolvers. Projectile loads from rear of barrel. Explosives projectiles have double safety, one pin to pull when loading and nuther is spring loaded to go to unsafe after it clears the barrel.

Barrel, 12"

Length overall, 16"

Wt....Approx 49 oz.

Frame K-22 ( Model 17-2)

Sights fixed

Stocks Checkered Walnut

Finish, S&W blue.

Designed for special police and military situations. Metering valve regulates power.

Shoots tranq darts. Dye marker. Heavy explosive. Shaped charge explosive n a couple others that don't come to mind right now.

Only 25 made....1966. 98% and up six grand and up. Original Safariland holster goes for bout 500 bucks. Projectiles go for hundred and up depending on type. Caution, some of the projectiles classed as destructive devices and one may have a problem with eager locals lookin askance at the .53 cal pistol.

The HE projectile suposed to convince bad guys that block wall is not cover. The shaped charge projectile supposed to do in steel barriers.

By changing the gas dial on the side, same sight picture can be used from 5 to 50 yards. (Yeah right, HE at 5 yards.)

My choice for belt carry T-Rex defense.

Sam

Last edited:
G98,

I don't see too many Terriers floating around, but I see more than my fair share of Lemon Squeezers, both in .32 and .38 S&W.

This place has all sorts of neat stuff, Sam!

They have that Mercox with holster for sale at $2995.00, see Item # 58 in the Handguns Listing. They also have a bunch of Terriers and Lemon Squeezers, as I later found out after I posted above. But I want a shooter-grade Terrier, or Lemon Squeezer, it doesn't have to be a 100% matching specimen, nor a nickel-plated relic that will peel or flake at the first round.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/modernhandguns.htm

G-98, thanx for the link.

Looks like they want bout full boat considering the finish condition. I am a little leery of the holster, I did a scale on it and it seems a bit short to hold the gun with the flap closed. Made me feel good, they did a copy of the cover of the book for it to post the specs. Their book not in very good shape and mine like new.

Course, with so few made, price could fluctate wildly with each sale.

Sam

Back