SEPTA Police get Glock 17 service pistols after Sig P320 pistol accidentally fires

A wild fanboy has appeared!

In seriousness, given the M17 competition SIG can certainly undercut the competition when it comes to price, and the department already had the P320s. This decision seems spurred by an incident that by the department's own investigative services begs credibility. But we can always ignore the facts of the case and speculate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Guilty as charged..sorry it tweaks you so much(not really sorry...:p)

What he said..well done..:). The facts are the police department lost confidence in these spanking brand new Sig320s and replaced them with Glock 17s..those are the only 'facts' that we actually 'know' about and the only ones we peanut gallery members ca be sure of.

But sure, yell 'fanboy'..won't be selling my 3 Glocks anytime soon...cuz of that.

Last edited:
Septa has dropped all claims the gun went off by itself.Local rumor ( very good sources) claim that Sigs lawyers filed to get video of 30th Street Station and it shows the officer’s hand on the weapon at the time of discharge.

It strains credibility that a striker fired gun can discharge “by itself” because the striker isn’t under sufficient tension to ignite the primer in every design I’m familiar with. I understand how the Sig with the high mass trigger can fire if dropped because the fall provides the additional energy needed to fully compress the spring. Something pulled that trigger back. The real question is what that ‘something’ was.

I say all this as someone who is not a fan of striker fired guns. I think these guns lend themselves to accidental firing by design, but always because of a finger, holster, clothing etc. pulling the trigger. They just don’t go off by themselves.

It strains credibility that a striker fired gun can discharge “by itself” because the striker isn’t under sufficient tension to ignite the primer in every design I’m familiar with. I understand how the Sig with the high mass trigger can fire if dropped because the fall provides the additional energy needed to fully compress the spring. Something pulled that trigger back. The real question is what that ‘something’ was.

I say all this as someone who is not a fan of striker fired guns. I think these guns lend themselves to accidental firing by design, but always because of a finger, holster, clothing etc. pulling the trigger. They just don’t go off by themselves.
In a number of designs the striker is either fully cocked or very close to that point (the M&P is close to fully cocked and I don't believe the trigger pull on the P320 brings the striker rearward much if at all). Now the striker block or equivalent would still have to fail as well, which mechanically isn't very easy to accomplish.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back