Senator Kennedy Has Milignant Brain Tumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildalaska

Its being reported that Senator Kennedy has a malignant brain tumour. Despite my aversion to the man and his politics, my prayers go to him and his family at this difficult time.

WildihopethescreechingwillbeheldtoaminimumAlaska TM

Its being reported that Senator Kennedy has a malignant brain tumour. Despite my aversion to the man and his politics, my prayers go to him and his family at this difficult time.

Well said. LIke him or not, he was elected by his constituents and was part of our government.

Hate the politics, but honor the man.

+1

That said, the fact that he is suffering from a brain tumor drips with irony.

I think this situation is also very telling about the political spectrum in general as I have yet to hear any sort of malicious statements like the kind that were hurled at Tony Snow during his bout with cancer. Hopefully we can keep above the fray and lead by example.

+1

That said, the fact that he is suffering from a brain tumor drips with irony.

I think this situation is also very telling about the political spectrum in general as I have yet to hear any sort of malicious statements like the kind that were hurled at Tony Snow during his bout with cancer. Hopefully we can keep above the fray and lead by example.

Too late. There are TONS of comments out there. Google is your friend.

Of course the irony of your irony statement isn't lost to us. Above the fray, but couldn't leave it alone.

Of course the irony of your irony statement isn't lost to us. Above the fray, but couldn't leave it alone.

Commenting on his tumor is in no way the same as wishing him harm or celebrating his ailment.

I may wish a lot, but never anybody harm, and my sympathy goes out to his family. Let's pray for a speedy and full recovery, and may God forgive me, hope he stays out of politics.

Oh, so it was an appropriate dig?

No, there is no irony in him having a brain tumor. Yours *was* a malicious statement.

I don't even think it inappropriate, just ironic when followed by your next paragraph.

No, there is no irony in him having a brain tumor. Yours *was* a malicious statement.

malice

1. desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness: the malice and spite of a lifelong enemy.

2. Law. evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others.

Nope, not malicious.

the fact that he is suffering from a brain tumor drips with irony.

This statement intends to do harm via a slight to Ted Kennedy. See definition #1

Unless this wasn't a slight in which case I need you to explain the irony.

The only irony is see is that fact that you make a malicious statement, and then in the same sentence claim no malicious statements have been made.

Would you care to explain what is ironic about Kennedy having a brain tumor? I really don't see anything ironic about it.

Well...

Malignant is a good thing. He really needs to quit drinking, and he could probably recover. With all that money, he'll have access to great medical care. Also all that occupational prestige. I think he'll do fine, unlike 1 out of 7 Americans who would not.

benign.neglect said:
then in the same sentence claim no malicious statements

This touches a good point, in fact, I was going to start a thread about it. This is as good a place as anywhere.

I did not like Ted Kennedy. Not just him, but his entire family pretty much did as they wanted under the guise of "public service." Teddy should be doing time for the death of his female aide. You or I would have gotten the needle.

Now, what I just said is an honest statement. Full of ire, granted. The best thing for this country would be to get that family out of office and end their fifty years of womanizing and debauchery.

But speaking of irony, if I speak the truth, but don't watch my language even in veracity, I'll get banned from a forum which seeks to invoke discussion. If that's not irony, I don't know what is.

A senator's actions are responsible for a death. He literally drinks himself through several terms. The biker who recognizes that gets in trouble. Only in America.

I did not like Ted Kennedy. Not just him, but his entire family pretty much did as they wanted under the guise of "public service." Teddy should be doing time for the death of his female aide. You or I would have gotten the needle.

Huh?

He didnt murder her. At worst, what he did was drunk driving, vehicular homicide, and failure to report an accident. There is no jurisdiction in the US I know of where the death penalty is given for any of those crimes. I don't think Massachussets even executes people for first degree murder.

Well...

Malignant is a good thing.

Err, benign would be a good thing. I think you got that backwards. Well, unless your mastery of sarcasm is a good factor of 10 better than mine.

This statement intends to do harm via a slight to Ted Kennedy. See definition #1

How is making a comment on his political stances intending to do him harm? Where is the word "slight" in the definition? Where did I say that I am happy about, encourage, or am celebrating the fact that he has a tumor?

One of the most liberal senators in US history has a brain affliction. Most of us here think that liberal policies are nonsensical to say the least. People have made comments all through the years about how liberals "have no brains". Therefore, its ironic that a very liberal man actually has a brain tumor.

This is not celebrating it, advocating it, or anything of the kind. There is no wish that he has it. Its simply pointing out that what has been said for all these year symbolically has actually come to pass.

Would you care to explain what is ironic about Kennedy having a brain tumor? I really don't see anything ironic about it.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back