Semi auto Magnum pistols

7.5FK is its caliber.

It’s a lightweight round, but penetrates deep and causes a ton of damage. The gun is extremely accurate as well.

I’ve had Auto Mags, Automags, Desert Eagles, etc. I’d take the BRNO over any of them in the woods, honestly. In fact, I’d take it over my magnum revolvers.

interesting...I had to look that one up, and didn't find a lot of info, but did find some, before the link broke..:D

I didn't find how long this round & gun have been available. Or cost, which I will assume is spendy.

Proprietary from BRNO, case specially created for "higher than usual handgun pressure" (no mention of what the pressure is).

Seems to be essentially a .30 cal 95gr bullet @ 2000fps from a 6" barrel. Impressive.

That performance puts it in the class of the .30 Carbine, from a carbine length barrel.

Makes me wonder why I haven't heard of it before now, which might be me not paying much attention, but with performance as stated, seems like everyone ought to be talking about it, especially here on TFL, but so far, they aren't. Is it just so new no one else has noticed? Or is it something else?

People went nuts talking about the 5.7 FN, and yet here is a round that seems to have actual useful potential, and all I'm hearing (at the moment anyway) is crickets chirping....

44 AMP said:
People went nuts talking about the 5.7 FN, and yet here is a round that seems to have actual useful potential, and all I'm hearing (at the moment anyway) is crickets chirping....
People went nuts over the 5.7 FN, and have also basically ignored the .22 TCM, which is in the same performance category (IMHO).

5.7 FN:
Caliber: .224"
Bullet weight: 28-grain
Muzzle Velocity: 2,350 fps
Muzzle Energy: 344 ft-lbs.

.22 TCM:
Caliber: .224"
Bullet weight: 40-grain
Muzzle Velocity: 2,800 fps
Muzzle Energy: 696 ft-lbs.

interesting...I had to look that one up, and didn't find a lot of info, but did find some, before the link broke..

I didn't find how long this round & gun have been available. Or cost, which I will assume is spendy.

Proprietary from BRNO, case specially created for "higher than usual handgun pressure" (no mention of what the pressure is).

Seems to be essentially a .30 cal 95gr bullet @ 2000fps from a 6" barrel. Impressive.

That performance puts it in the class of the .30 Carbine, from a carbine length barrel.

Makes me wonder why I haven't heard of it before now, which might be me not paying much attention, but with performance as stated, seems like everyone ought to be talking about it, especially here on TFL, but so far, they aren't. Is it just so new no one else has noticed? Or is it something else?

Honestly, the 2000 FPS is conservative. It’s actually averages much closer to 2100.

The price of the gun ($7500) and the cost of the ammo ($1.50 per round) haven’t done much for its popularity, but the gun is incredible. I mean it should be for that price, but it does not disappoint in any way. It hits hard at 100+ yards and shoots flat and accurate.

There’s plenty of YouTube videos that talk about the gun and the round’s performance. Lots of haters chime in, but I find that amusing.

When I got my first Auto Mag it cost more, and was worth more than the car I was driving at the time.

$7500 for the pistol and $1.50 per round? Well beyond my reach. Clearly not intended as a mass market item.

BRNO has been around a good while, and is probably as stable as anyone is these days, but having a number of (much cheaper) US guns and cartridges that have long gone out of production, I'm leery about proprietary rounds that can't be made out of other existing cases.

What happens IF BRNO simply decided to drop it?

I'm honestly not even sure they're still building them. I don't care if they drop it,, honestly. Value will rise.

There's supposedly a ton of ammo in the US, so I could get it for a while if need be.

Back