Sellior & Bellot ammo

Up till now, S&B is my first choice for 9 mm ammo. I compared with Samson, Aguila, PMP, 3D and Police ammo, only to find that S&B gives the tightest groups and also is the cheapest available (here in Belgium, Europe). Moreover, it has better burning characteristics (less powder residues and cleaner guns). While shooting S&B in a CZ75, I encountered difficult ingnition (hard primer pockets), due to the weakening of the hammer spring (which was taken care of afterwards). Not a single malfunctioning when shooting hundreds of them in my Walther P99.

I've been using S&B (9mm, .40 and .45) for years, and its my ammo of choice.

I prefer the Samson, but its a bit more costly. I've found that IMI/Samson, S&B, MagTech, Denel, and PMP all perform about the same, and are generally available for about the same price (Samson being a bit more expensive.)

NOTE: Natchez Shooter's Supply ( http://www.natchezss.com )has S&B on sale for $4.99 a box. (That's about $115 a case, delivered.)

I buy and shoot about 1000 rounds of the 9mm a month. Good stuff.

I've used the S&B in 9mm, .40cal, .38special and .357magnum. No problems with reliability or accuracy. The .38 and .357 are, in my opinion, just a hair dirtier than Federal American Eagle or UMC.

An interesting note, the .38special, if I remember the ballistics correctly, meet the IDPA energy requirements even though the CCI Blazer (accepted by them and I believe a sponsor) does not.

Back