Selling an AR in a police/firehouse parking lot

Thank You Everyone
The buyer got furious when I said no way, not ever. The police and firemen have a lot to handle and don't need people with guns showing up unannounced.

Arranging a meeting in a parking lot to sell a firearm to someone you don't know sounds risky. With or without police presence.

Last year a man was shot and killed in front of his 10 year old daughter amidst a crowded parking lot in Kansas City while selling a handgun to a stranger he connected with on Craigslist.

Arranging a meeting in a parking lot to sell a firearm to someone you don't know sounds risky. With or without police presence.

Last year a man was shot and killed in front of his 10 year old daughter amidst a crowded parking lot in Kansas City while selling a handgun to a stranger he connected with on Craigslist.
If it isn't safe with the police present, then what IS safe?
:confused:

I have bought guns in all kinds of parking lots, stores, restraraunts, business.

The gun isn't loaded, so why would I care?

Where do peope meet for craigslist? Many of those items can have a value, and are from someone you have no idea. Unloaded gun, is no difference than a toaster.

I don't understand why so much thought is put into this.

I always bring an armed friend JIC; but you should do a phone call and see what your inner voice tells you

Well while I have had gun deals in police parking lots I was working there. I would call the Chief's Office and get a "can do" from him so if you get a gung ho type newbie you can diffuse the situation before it goes high order.

The most unique DEAL I ever made was I went to a funeral and came home with a SKS Carbine. The grave side was over and as we broke up I followed a guy to his car and he pulled it out and I paid him.

No one cared but then again we are in the South and the attitudes are more relaxed. Did have a couple more come for a looksee.

I met a guy at a Hardees in upstate to get a Thumler's Tumbler I saw on Craig's list. I never go to a Craigs list meet in a rural area and I am always carrying.

Here in gun friendly Fal if the police station has a trading spot all officers are told just walk past. Don't approach.
If asked don't run the serial number on a gun.

It's not just for gun though

AFS

What if you took the AR apart and gave it to the customer in pieces? That looks less intimidating.
I'd call ahead of time, too, though.

I had this situation happened to me. Was buying one of two rifles from Facebook. The person told me we would meet at the police station. I thought this was rather odd but agreed. He was waiting for me in the back parking lot, I parked next to him he pulled both rifle cases out opened them and proceeded to hand me the rifles for inspection. There were police officers coming out of the back door and police cars coming in and out of the gate. I felt nervous even though we were doing nothing worng. Surprisingly all the officers completely ignored us. I made my transaction and went on my way kind of giggling about the whole situation as I left. by the way, I live in Northwest Indiana.

I don't understand, why even risk someone misunderstand at the police station, or have to waste your time talking to them? Pull up at some store, gone in 5 minutes.

Also not sure why the thread asking about ARs only. I suppose they are scarier. But pulling out a shotgun in from of police station, is about the same, to me.

Not enough police stations around here to make it convenient.

I've arranged a meeting and bought guns in fast food, grocery store, truck stop, sporting goods, gas station, and home supply store parking lots over the last few years. Just not that big of a deal around here.

Back