Selling Advice for Borchardt C-93

I love that C-93! I would get it appraised and then go from there. Its a beautiful package!

Since my last post in this thread, 4 years ago, ;) I sold a few of my better guns through Jackthedog on Gun Auction. He is very good, honest, knowledgeable, etc. He gets a premium for most of what he sells. He has been selling guns online as consignment for 15 years and he has earned himself quite a reputation. I sent him two of my guns and I have no complaints - just a thought. He is a FFL. Although on the other hand, this gun might have to go to Julia, RIA, Amokseag, etc. for obvious reasons!

Google him and his contact info will appear. Despite it being 4 years ago, I stand by what I said in my other post in this thread ;)

If the rest of the gun is as good as what I can see, that C-93 Borchardt should run at least $40k, maybe more. Read what I said in my original post on the original gun. All Borchardts are antiques under the GCA.

Jim

If that's the original shipping box, and still has recognizable markings on it, the price of the gun in a well-advertised auction could be significantly more than $40,000.

Borchardt factory shipping boxes are virtually unknown, and are more uncommon than factory presentation cases.

I had a chance to buy one in the original wooden case for $6500 back in 1971. Suson Park gun show in St. Louis.
I had never seen that much money in my life and chuckled at the high price.
Now I need to grow an extra joint in my leg so I can kick myself in the rear over not selling my firstborn to buy it.
NICE PIECE!

The history of that gun from the first buyer onward would be fascinating.
That sir is no gun, that is a work of art.

Just for Heaven's sake don't shoot it, or any Borchardt, unless you handload and know exactly what you are doing - and have checked the gun carefully. The Borchardt round is the same outward size as the later Mauser 7.63 x 25 Mauser (7.62 x 25 Russian/7.62 x 25 Czech) but the Mauser/Russian/Czech round is more powerful and can ruin a Borchardt with one shot.

Jim

Thank you for the replies and recommendations for dealers/brokers.

I reached out to both Julia & Rock Island and two lesser-knowns.

They dismissed the case, stating that it's not an original fancy presentation lined one. Personally, I know nothing of antique wood working and fittings, but the hinges and clasps are brass. Perhaps it's an original shipping case as suggested above.

Regardless, I am still awaiting a reply from Julia and RIAC for an approximate value.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Back