Sell my SMLE?

Pol,

Nothing special mate, just where this particular rifle saw ownership after it was sold by the Commonwealth. Britain supplied No4's to more than 30 countries in the years subsequent to WW2 ... Turkey was one of many. A key indentifier for the Turk No4's is their penchant for adding that little post swivel to the upper band.

P.S The Op's rifle also has a Savage made safety ...

Cheers, Tiki.

Last edited:
Interesting. I didn't realize no4's made it to so many countries after the war but makes sense I suppose. Doesn't sound like it'd take much to make her all pretty and working again. Still trying to decide if I should sell. I'd almost feel better that she go to someone who will appreciate her more than I have.

If you mean to sell it, you'll likely find a buyer at my forums link below ... we have a for sale forum which requires 11 posts to access. You will certainly find someone who would appreciate it and restore it there.

Cheers, Tiki

Pol,

Tough one mate because prices in my part of the world (Australia) are on a completely different scale to what you guys are on in the U.S. Post up pics of the rifle in the Enfield forum at the link in my sig and the boys will give you a very honest appraisal and some might well make you an offer while they're at it. Prices even vary from state to state in the U.S so it just depends ...

Tiki.

Back