Seecamp or Guardian?

HKMark23

My local gunsmith ordered about a half dozen Seecamps about 1 1/2 years ago and they finally came in...YEAAA! :D But lately I've been cosidering the NAA Guardian, now that the Seecamps are in I need to make a desision. Cost really is'nt a factor and I know about the Seecamps strictly silvertip diet. What have been your experiances both positive and negative?

Forget both of them and get the Kel-tec P-32!
It's lighter and thinner.........not much to look at..............

CIG

Cigar beat me to the punch. I have had a Guardian. Keltec beats it by a mile. Lighter, more reliable feeding... more intuitive point shooter... It is the most reliable semiauto I own. A true "all the time" gun you can wear with gym shorts.

I have owned both. I still have the Seecamp. The Seecamp has a nicer finish, Better machining, more reliable, better grip, and is slightly smaller. The NAA is easier to field strip, ..... That's the only advantage I can think of. I prefer the heel clip magazine release on the Seecamp. The NAA sights are sucky and unnecessary. The trigger is gritty and very heavy. The Seecamp has a magazine safety and the NAA does not. NAA does, however have a custom shop, and have ALOT of options: numerous grips, porting (!), sights, and finishes. If your dealer's price is reasonable, my vote is definitely for the Seecamp.

I was all set to get a Guardian, until I shot a friends KelTec. Now there is NO DOUBT in my mind that I will get a KelTec instead.

Get the KelTec.

------------------
Stay Sharp!

Will Fennell/CAMILLUS CUTLERY

Too bad they came in. I understand Seecamp will be producing a .380 and those that have .32s on order will have the option of receiving it in .380 if they choose.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Where did you hear that Seecamp is making a 380? I have been dealing in Seecamps for years and have not heard a word about the 380s. The current wait for the .32s is about 3 1/2 years! (not 1 1/2). Can they find time to make a different calliber?

Also, the comparison of a handmade Seecamp to a plastic pistol is like comparing a ballon to a condom!

I bought a Guardian and, later, a Kel-tec P-32. I much prefer the P-32 as it is lighter , thinner, MUCH cheaper and MUCH more comfortable to shoot. The sights leave a lot to be desired but, then, so do those on the Guardian.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Where did you hear that Seecamp is making a 380? [/quote]

A friend just got done doing a workup with one. I'm sure you'll see a write up on it shortly in one of the gunzines.

Needless to say he thinks it is revolutionaly in that with all the manufactures reduceing the size of handguns towards CCW this is going to start a size reduction in 380s.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)

The Seecamp in .380 is written up in the current issue of Handguns. The prototype they reviewed keyholed but Larry Seecamp seems unconcerned and says they will increase the twist of the rifling to solve the problem. The gun is exactly the same size as the .32 and has a 6+1 capacity (I think). I want one! Glockdoc/Frank

One of the BIG reasons for P32 popularity is the moderate recoil it produces (locked breech design). Considering that even .32 Seecamp is kicks hard and a .380 PPKs with much greater size&weight is almost painful to fire, just how bad would a tiny blowback .380 be!?

Well - if a 380 Seecamp is doable in the
same size package, then is a P-32?

Dean Speir broke the news on the 380
Seecamp with hints in August.

As far as recoil - for these guns, you enjoy the pain as with +p loads in SW 342s.

Given that I stayed with a 642.

We function tested the P32 at ATSA with various shooters.
The extractor broke at approx. 225 rounds into the test.
I realize this is a sample of 1, but I'll keep my Seecamp anyway.
Quality never goes out of style.

Just read the most recent issue of Handguns magazine cover to cover and inquired with rec.guns and not a word on a Seecamp 380. Sounds like B.S. to me!

Hi Guys,
I purchased a new NAA Guardian about a year ago. It's a great little pistol that I keep hidden in a pocket holster. I bought a Kel-Tec P-32 last week and immediately sent it back to the factory for the hard chrome slide upgrade. (Only $20.00)
I should get it back next week.
If I get offered a new Seecamp at a reasonable price, I'll buy that also. I don't see this as an "either/or" situation. I just like to shoot. I'll carry my Glock or Colt on my hip and one of the great little .32's in my pocket. :)

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the system we live in.

I too MUCH prefer my P-32 to my NAA Guardian. Since buying the P-32 I don't recall even picking up the Guardian. Of course the NAA looks better but the P-32 is a far better tool.

ACP....

Timeing is everything in marketing. You let the masses know when it will have the greatest impact. Give it time... it's coming.

Maybe these will help you get through the wait...

http://sportsrec.bb.prodigy.net/sportsrecb/prodigy.cgi?action=topic_display_page&topic=378

http://sportsrec.bb.prodigy.net/sportsrecb/prodigy.cgi?action=topic_display_page&topic=447

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)

[This message has been edited by David Schmidbauer (edited January 14, 2000).]

Back