SeeAll Open Sights

I might try one if cheaper also. From information I received on another forum, it might be better on a rifle than a handgun.

Very likely.
The one i messed with was on a handgun & it was tricky to align the 2 images as they kept wandering out of the "window" that gives the effect of superimposition.

Yeah, I thought the $99 I saw it for seemed high. I was thinking it might be good on a shotgun, amongst other things.
I was just looking at it last night.

I was tossing the idea around on my AR .300BO. Its a under 100yd rifle so if figured for the woods the sight picture would be enough. Just would like to see one in person first.

It looks nifty but it's just a complicated solution to a simple question.
Have you seen Marble Bullseye sights? I haven't tried them yet but they seem like a good idea and cheap.

Given the impressive simplicity of the design, I don't understand why they made it as tall as it is.

I think they need that for the adjustment mechanism for the light gathering material.

I have three reservations about this item:

1. As others have noted, the price discourages a casual order.
2. It's all sharp corners and edges. On an AR will it shred one's shirt when slung?

3. I have presbyopia and wear bi-focals. An AR aperture sight works for me because the aperture clarifies everything. A scope works because I can just focus at one depth and see both the cross hairs and target.

I think the SeeAll will require a pistol like focus -- either the sight or the target but not both. One doesn't look through a SeeAll; one looks at it.

I think the SeeAll will require a pistol like focus -- either the sight or the target but not both. One doesn't look through a SeeAll; one looks at it.

I have one but have not made it to the range yet

You are wrong about not looking through the see all, you do look through it. I mounted it behind my scope, with blacked out scope covers, and I did not have a problem focusing on the target and the sight at the same time.

The one i messed with was on a handgun & it was tricky to align the 2 images as they kept wandering out of the "window" that gives the effect of superimposition.

That is absolutely no different than not being able to line up the front and rear iron sights. With practice and muscle memory, everything comes into view very quickly

You are wrong about not looking through the see all, you do look through it.
Yes that was how I checked the one I saw at the gun show. The rear is actually a lens which "fakes" the sight being further away to the eye than it really is. Its a different way of putting the sight image & target in the same plane.

That is absolutely no different than not being able to line up the front and rear iron sights.
Exactly my point, the big selling point was that you supposedly do not need to align sights, but you do, just like iron sights.

A single-element lens automatically centers the crosshair recticle with the gun’s point of impact. No more eye confusion and parallax between target, front post and rear notch. Just raise your gun, pick up your target and shoot.

Quote:
That is absolutely no different than not being able to line up the front and rear iron sights.

Quote:Exactly my point, the big selling point was that you supposedly do not need to align sights, but you do, just like iron sights.

Not exactly, heres why. The image "floats", so as long as you see the image, it is going to hit what its pointing at because its parallax free.

Granted, the "float" range or zone is not as large as with a red dot but it does work.

Grizz12 said:
You are wrong about not looking through the see all, you do look through it.

This piques my interest because I've been looking for a good fiber optic sight to replace an old Weaver quickpoint.

Could you explain this is greater detail?

The triangle and light gathering bit aren't transparent and obscure everything below the green horizon. Isn't that correct?

If the SeeAll is 18 inches from your eye and the target is 100m from your eye, you can't* focus on both, and if one can see the target clearly he can't simultaneously see the triangle clearly.

(* I do remember having younger eyes and being able to shift focus on pistol sights very quickly, giving an illusion of simultaneous focus.)

shoot with both eyes open and on the target.

I appreciate the clarification. This is a different sort of animal and you are one of the few here who has tried it.

What you are describing is not looking through the sight, i.e. focusing on an object on the other side of and beyond the sight. The SeeAll necessarily obstructs everything behind it.

Rather, you are describing looking at the target with one eye and at the SeeAll with the other. I am aware that there was a Vietnam era opaque red dot sort of sight that worked on the principle you describe, but I've never used one.

I don't think the SeeAll is any worse than a pistol sight, but it may share some of the limitations as well.

I am itching to have one of these on a riser mounted on an AR.

What you are describing is not looking through the sight, i.e. focusing on an object on the other side of and beyond the sight. The SeeAll necessarily obstructs everything behind it.
You're actually faking out the eyeball to do both at once!

The rear "lens" is clear. That's the part you look through. What it does is to fake the effect (for your eye) of the front (which is not clear) being much further away than it really is. The optical term is a "Virtual image". This is what you look at.
https://seeallopensight.com/about/instructions/

Think of it as the opposite of a magnifying glass, camera lens, or your eyeball which is a "real image". You can see the shape of the lens in some of the illustrations in the link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_image

Its also the reason why you (despite what they say) absolutely do need to align the sight with the target by placing the eye so that the bottom part of what you see is the (virtual) sight blade "out there" while just above it you are really looking out there at the (real) image of the target using your eye as a camera lens simultaneously.

The trick is combining the 2 different optical systems to produce whats known as a "split field" effect.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, you can't look at an object on the other side of the green element, which leaves the dominant eye partially occluded.

wp said:
Think of it as the opposite of a magnifying glass...

But that lense actually is a magnifying lense.

Do you think something like this would work mounted very far forward, like over an AR gas block?

I hope someone has one at a show sometime. Simple, light, robust and without need of batteries are all improvements over many of the alternatives.

EDIT - I found a thread with some pictures of the sort of sight I had recalled. Armson and Singlepoint. These look like small scopes, but they just present the dominant eye with a red dot, and no view of the target. One sees the target with the other eye.

Last edited:
I saw one at a range where a guy had several red dot sights and the SeeAll device. I wonder if he was a writer of some kind. He was taking notes as well. He let me look at it on a rifle. It was a little low on an AR. but it looked cool. It seemed quicker than looking for the red dot on a non-tube red dot. He had me go from a ready to shouldered position a few times. It was very bright that day and the contrast was good. I don't think $100.00 is out of line, (if that is the price). I like my sparcII better.

Back