See All Open Sight

These have intrigued me as well. I always figured you would just set up for a six o'clock hold like the above poster noted.

OP here. I never did get a bolt .308 or bother with putting an optic on the shotgun, but recently I was thinking about using the See All on handguns, specifically the Kel Tec CP33. I figure since it has a rail it'd be a waste not to try some sort of optic and I'm not willing to try a mini red dot given the astigmatism.

I looked on their website and saw that they also make sights with a dovetail to fit a select few different handguns as a replacement for the rear sight.

DSC_9131_e8577113-2ab7-4817-a4e7-60154808469f_720x.jpeg

So I'm bringing this topic back up as last time my focus with the See All was on long guns, but now it's on handguns and I'm wondering if anyone has tried them on any pistols?

I bought one way back to try on a Buckmark My hands shake slightly, and that made the sight almost un-usable. It has since found a home on my 9mm Just Right Carbine, and shines in that roll.

I had no luck using the SeeAll open sight on a pistol.

See-All on the gobbler gun

Back when I first posted regards this sight (2017) I indicated I had initially run it on an Ultimak rail on an AK, and intended to move the sight over onto a shotgun for gobblers. I had the mounting issues resolved by Spring 2018 and used the See-All on my tightly choked 20" Remington pump for the gobbler season that year and into spring 2019 a bit as well.

Killed 4 gobblers with the old Remington and the new fangled See-All in 2018. Regretably, I must report, I missed one in 2018 at very close range, and another in 2019 at longish shotgun range. I can't say I really know what happened on those misses.......I though I was on'em......I may well have failed to follow thru with the shot......I still get a might excited when a gobbler comes in!!!

The good news is I found the See-All far more visible than the factory blade & bead iron sights as found on the short slug barrel of the Remington. Additionally, the sight was plenty visible in dim light, as in overcast dawn mornings or rainy days. I had no issues with durability, hunting it hard about 20 days in 2018 and about a week in 2019.

Final comments on the See-All: I found it superior when compared to a bead and blade sight for shooting at stationary or slow moving targets with a rifle or shotgun. I deem it superior as the large triangular aiming point was far easier to discern with my 60+ yr old eyes than the now hazy bead and blades. For me, wingshooting (clays) or vary fast snap shooting, at close range(carbine IDPA) the See-All was NOT as fast or easily applied as a red dot. The See-All does require some alignment when aimed at a target, ie, the tip of the triangle MUST come up to the "horizon' created by the green fiber optic wafer. Thus, it is not really any faster than a typical iron sight (if you can see'em, which I cannot) for me. But it does offer me more precision than factory bead and blade, as I can see the tip of the triangle easily. As I suspected, the sight worked well for gobblers at shotgun ranges, under 50 yds. I can also see it working well with buckshot or slug loaded shotguns for deer, coyotes or SD. A low powered variable scope was decidedly superior at distances past 100 yds. Under 50 yds, the See-All may be a bit faster and easier to use than a low power scope, but not as fast as a dot. The See-All does not need batteries (like a dot) and is far smaller and lighter than a scope.

Back