Secure Storage for a large handgun collection?

A solution for you...

Is to purchase a cabinet that was used to house blueprints, maps, etc. they are commonly refered to as flat file cabinets. The drawers are around 3 feet wide by 2 feet and generally around 4 inches deep. They are made of heavy gauge steel and lock. I use these for my knife collection. Easily accessable, easy to view all contents, etc. i lined the bottom of the drawers with a thin carpet runner that you can find a Lowe's.

Many moons ago I began to run into a storage problem in my safe with handguns. I found a website www.manaboutracks.com and contacted him to custom build double deckers racks for my handguns and magazines. Saved a lot of space and didn't have to spring for the expense for a second safe. With that being said, if you have a substantial collection of long guns and handguns, then perhaps two separate safes are mandated…one for each.

Decent safe

Depending on value of items I would consider mutual jewel vaults.a good sized safe for long guns and pistols would run about four grand.true tl rated and fire resistant.rather heavy at over several thousand pounds,but your stuff will be there when you come home!

Back