Second impressions on new Python.

As far as I know, no one has made a trigger shoe for the new Python.
Since the trigger shape of the new gun is very different from the original, older shoes will not work.
I can verify the trigger shoes for original Pythons definitely will not work on the newer trigger. But the one from my S&W model 15 works just fine so I’m going to stick with using it. I have just a little more grinding to do on the final shape and then I’ll reblue it so it doesn’t look too much like Bubba went wild with the Dremel.

Funny I was just messing with my new python and thinking -- how much blue tape will I need to use to protect the finish to slightly smooth this trigger or do I take it apart.

Time will tell.

Its more a nostalgia gun for me than a shoot all the time piece.

Which does not explain why I just threw Wilson sights on it...

I finished shaping and smoothing the trigger shoe and reblued it. It’s not real pretty but it sure does work well without screwing up anything original on the Python. I’m hoping eventually someone will produce a replacement trigger that would be just slightly thicker and nice and smooth, but for now I’m pretty happy with this improvement. I’m tempted to order a polished aluminum version to match the finish on my Python but for now I’ll just stick with what I’ve done.

Back