Seacamp 32?

9mm

I have come across multiple reviews saying it's outdate design, and its not that good anymore. The issues with it noted for worse is if there's a jam, you have to have the magazine inserted to clear it. The gun slide locks up if the magazine isn't inserted.

Does anyone recommend these anymore? I have a wedding in a few weeks and debated picking one up for the suit.

Currently my smallest guns are are Pug 22, and a sig p238.

The Seecamp was innovative when it came out as a 32 the size of a 25 caliber "vest pocket" pistol. Very well-made, but finicky of ammo. There are a bunch on Gunbroker, and there seem to be many eager bidders. Personally, I bought a Kel Tec P32. It's lighter, and over the years it has been absolutely reliable. It's in my pocket now. But I doubt you would be disappointed in the Seecamp.

I have them both. The Keltec is in carry rotation. The Seecamp is in as new condition (and it sure IS shiney) tucked way back in the safe.

Seecamp changed ownership. There are three time periods you need to know about. Current production does not seem to be doing well at all.

The Milford 32s have a good reputation, and serial numbers above 31000 are made of a better steel (same as the 380 variant), although the older ones are still just fine. If you understand it's quirks and limitations, it's a good pocket gun. But as has been said, it is an older design and the P32 offers locked breech, more rounds, slide lock, lighter weight, and wider ammo choices.

I like my Seecamp ,32. Classy little gun well made great fit. Kinda heavy for the size. But definitely something that would ride well in a suit. Course I like my P3AT too.

Size wise, they are awesome. I have a first year .32. Always fed it Silvertips. Always ran fine. Though, I really didn’t shoot it much.

When the .25 was reintroduced, I picked one up. It runs every .25 round I’ve put through it. For some reason, they can’t supply magazines for them now. I have three so, I’m good.

It’s a Seecamp. It’s cool.

For the ultimate “hide it anywhere” gun, they rock.

I've owned and carried a very early, (1987), LWS32 for a long time. It has proven to be reliable with every different round used. Mostly I shot Hornady and Silver Tip but it also worked with Cor Bon, Fiocchi, Gold Dot or any round the magazine accepted. It is a simple but quirky design. They are fine guns, that are really easy to conceal. Good choice when tiny is needed.

I had one it was not a jam o matic but it was close to one. Very finicky about ammo. There are several better choices out there: Rohrbrough, Ruger, Glock 42, Kel Tec.

Beautifully made and finished; the little Seacamp jewel may not be the most practical pistol for discreet carry but it has developed a cult-like following over the years. My brother has had one for a long time and swears by it for "formal" edc duties. His older and wiser brother relies on his trusty Ruger LCP-not a flaunted "barbecue" showpiece but welcome at wiener roasts where the drinks are served in cans, the dessert is Smores and the pistol is kept under cover. ;)

I was the proud owner of an LWS 32 and LWS 380, and I got rid of both of them. The LWS 32 was a good gun for it's time period, but it required specific ammunition to be reliable, and that became very expensive to shoot, and later on almost impossible to find. The LWS 380 had the same specific ammo requirements, and was the most painful gun I have ever shot. One time I fired a full mag of .380s in practice and the mag blew apart. I called the late and great Larry Seecamp, and he told me the gun was not designed to shoot a full magazine. He recommended always leaving one in the magazine and reloading. I sold both Seecamps shortly after that statement. They are well made cute guns, but only novelties in my opinion, and I have no idea how the new owners back customers with service issues.. Today I would buy an LCP or LCP plus if I wanted a 380. They have lifetime warranties, and seem to be highly reliable at a fraction of the cost of a Seecamp. You can also buy many brands of 380s that will work in the guns. That's my 2 cents worth, and it's worth just about that much.

Seecamps are well machined, well manufactured pieces of art.

A piece of art doesn't do as well as an ugly club in a fight and a .32 Kel Tec is an ugly club that costs a lot less and works a lot better.

TruthTellers: A piece of art doesn't do as well as an ugly club in a fight and a .32 Kel Tec is an ugly club that costs a lot less and works a lot better.

Interesting perspective, but not so much truth? How do you figure a .32 Kel Tec Works A Lot Better? I’ve owned and shot both extensively and at least in my experience they worked similarly well at their prescribed limitations, and of course mine. Did you get an unreliable one? Did you use it according the the manufacturers recommendations? Do you have any video of the Kel Tec .32 working a lot better? C’mon man, tell the truth…lol ;)

Save a couple of hundred bucks, 5 less ounces, & get 1 more round with the P32. Less the weird slide lock thing too.

If you really want a tiny all steel mouse gun, take a look at the NAA Guardian 32 acp. Dimensionally similar to the Seacamp but a few ounces heavier & no weird slide locking with no magazine thing.

Yes, got both P32 & NAA 32.

Works better?
The Keltec weighs less, is probably slimmer (but bigger,) and it's a locked breech gun that can handle any loads with less recoil, holds 8 rounds, has a better trigger pull and it costs a lot less.
I would say that it works better.

I guess it’s the “works better” wording that is amiss. If it works as intended then it doesn’t mean the Kel Tek works better. What it means is some of you prefer it over the nuances or you cannot get past based on your own limitations. I showed video evidence that it works well for me. Do any of you have such evidence or just inexperienced opinions? Either one works well for me, but both still have some differing quality and build specifications I’ve come to accept, master and become proficient enough with to use with confidence. Neither one works better than the other, but just differently. So you prefer the Kel Tek, and I the Seecamp. Boils down to preference of which you prefer. I’d love to see any videos of folks shooting their choice of .32, because if you can’t hit what you aim for then none of them “works better” for you. Just sayin….

Back