Scout Type Tactical Scopes

You know, I've seen "tactical" scopes and I've seen "scout" scopes, but I haven't seen a tactical scout scope. I guess that would be a scout scope with target type turrets?

Ray, do you have a cheek weld or chin weld on that setup? My K31 is set up similarly, but I have about a 1/2" cheek pad on mine, but I'm thinking of going up to 3/4" to get a more relaxed cheek weld. My scope is the Nikon 2x20 XR. Yours looks like it's a fixed power as well. I'm curious how the Nikon XR 2.5-8x20 scopes stretch out the range beyond 300 yards.

OP: My older eyes are having problems with seeing the rear sights (pistols and rifles), so I'm going to optics. I don't care how the guns look, I care how I use them :). My scout K31 handles well and that's all that matters to me. If I was worried about looks, I'd be in trouble. Half my firearms are generally in the "ugly" category right out of the box: Glocks & AKs.

K-31

seanc asked:

Ray, do you have a cheek weld or chin weld on that setup? My K31 is set up similarly, but I have about a 1/2" cheek pad on mine, but I'm thinking of going up to 3/4" to get a more relaxed cheek weld. My scope is the Nikon 2x20 XR. Yours looks like it's a fixed power as well.

seanc,

That scope is a Leupold 2.5x IER.
Had to put that pad on the rifle to get proper eye alignment - The cross is just decorative.
It has a 5/8" cheek weld build up on the reverse side from that pictured.

PS: That K31 is a heavy rifle - You ain't going to hold it at arms length w/o a considerable effort.

Quote: "...Half my firearms are generally in the "ugly" category right out of the box: Glocks & AKs."

And so are some of mine. My question has nothing to do with how a gun works, only how they look (to me). It means nothing more than that.

Back