SCOTUS Heller Update 6/23/08 - Is There a Decision?

I suppose I should restructure and state that it only appears like they're trying to duck the issue, leave a post it note on the fridge and sneak out the back door by saving it for last and giving absolutely no clear advance notice when they could have affirmed it in ten minutes flat instead of 3 months. Maybe I'm merely unaware of literally millions of people waiting on Exxon v. Baker and Morgan Stanley v Public Utility District and the dozens, possibly hundreds of laws they will have bearing on concerning the rights denied to people in a half dozen states and territories with no effective redress of grievance in the last 70 years.

I can understand how the other two can't be figured out in 10 seconds by a 6 year old. The toes that need to be stepped on by a 10,000 lb dinosaur by declaring the RKBA an individual and absolute right need to be, and the Court and the country need to stop kissing the tail end of the antis and kick them to the curb like a pimple faced $50 Las Vegas hooker and quit acting like we owe their nonsense the time of day. Seriously. I know they have to sit through it and hear it but you, I, and everyone knows that the DC side has absolutely no merit to it even if you knew nothing about the subject beforehand. I don't care what prior and established political predispositions the judges have, this is a simple IQ test and nothing more, almost insulting to even have to be asked in the first place.

So, I am very pathetic and have the rest of this week off, what's the best source for up to date info on the old boob tube? Will there be any live coverage on any of the major networks?

So, I am very pathetic and have the rest of this week off, what's the best source for up to date info on the old boob tube? Will there be any live coverage on any of the major networks?

Unfortunately, coverage of DC v Heller will only start if it becomes news. And that certainly won't be before the opinion is released. Keep an eye on www.scotusblog.com.

My sense is, if it's affirmed (the lower court's opinion stands) it will get less coverage on TV and more in print than if it's remanded. Glen Beck on CNN will be all over either decision with Nightline batting clean-up. Both venues will offer little substance. Wait a day after the opinion and search Google News for all the major paper reactions - pick the slant you want and read away! I'm sure the big guys already have their rebuke articles written for the expected ruling.

Back