Scope too high?

As long as the mount is solid with no movement, you get a comfortable and CONSISTENT cheek weld and sight picture every time you mount the rifle, without having to adjust your position, then it's good to go.

It could be 3 feet above the rifle, but as long as you have the adjustment you need and it is in a solid mount that does not allow it to move from recoil, and you can comfortably mount and shoot every time, then you should be good to go.

Nice choice in rifle. I have the 20" version in 6.5 Creed with a Burris Veracity 5-20x FFP scope and love the setup.

Mine is not purely for target work, it also gets the hunting duties, which is why I went with the shorter version for less weight and easier to carry.

As long as the mount is solid with no movement, you get a comfortable and CONSISTENT cheek weld and sight picture every time you mount the rifle, without having to adjust your position, then it's good to go.

It could be 3 feet above the rifle, but as long as you have the adjustment you need and it is in a solid mount that does not allow it to move from recoil, and you can comfortably mount and shoot every time, then you should be good to go.

Nice choice in rifle. I have the 20" version in 6.5 Creed with a Burris Veracity 5-20x FFP scope and love the setup.

Mine is not purely for target work, it also gets the hunting duties, which is why I went with the shorter version for less weight and easier to carry.
As a long distance shooter, I completely agree with this.

If you have to 'giraffe-neck' your head up and down the stock just to sight thru the scope, then you know it's too high.

Lower mounting of the scope is always preferable, being subject of course to the size of the forward bell.

Just had a similar situation, took my 4x14 leupold off my old 24" .223 AR and put it on my new 18" 6.8 SPC upper, with the scope cranked up as high as it would go my shots were still 6" low. Purchased a larue LT140 for it and will try it out this weekend.

Back