Scope recommendation for coyotes

I have 3 Leupold scopes a 2-7, a 3-9 and a 4-14 I love them all. I also have 4 Nikons and love them all just as much. You can't go wrong with either brand imho

Go with the Leupold —cry once and use it for the next 20+ years.

I have a Bushnell Banner on my 25-06 I've been using over 30 yrs!

Buy once cry once has got to be the most over worked phrase in the english language. My Bushnell has lasted over 30 yrs. If it breaks tomorrow, what to cry about? If your $1500 scope breaks tomorrow it guaranteed. But, the rifle will be without a scope till the repaired scope get's back. Or maybe the owner will put on his old Bushnell till the buy once cry once scope get's back! Someone tell me, what is the price you have to pay to get one of those buy once cry once scope's? is $400 enough? How about $800? maybe $1000? If you buy a new scope for $200 and it last 10yrs that's not bad and you still have $800 of $1000 left over to buy a new scope with. Another $200 scope goes 10 yrs and you still have the same thing in it that you would have had in the $400 scope and this is 20 yrs down the road! Do the math yourself on the $800 scope. Most people don't have a scope over 20yrs with few exceptions. My two Redfields are pushing 50yrs and if ones breaks down now, where do I get it fixed?

This run around about how much you need to pay for a scope in normal circumstances is horse feather's. Most likely a $200 to $300 scope will get sold with the rifle you put it on! I have only ever had one scope come apart on me and it did it in a matter of days. Inexpesive Tasco Pronghorn 3-9x Shot it right off a 25-06. I mean it just fell apare. Then again as I recall it was only about $50! I replaced it with a Tasco World Class, expensive at $79, that lasted longer than that rifle and a kid in Washington got it as his first scope on a 22! Still working today. My 2-7x Redfields, new, were about $150. My 3-9x Nikons about the same. Even if I could shoot them off, I don't think I shoot enough to do it anymore. And If I do manage to shoot them off, they are all guaranteed for life! I think some people just want other's to know how much their equipment cost them! One 2-7x is on a Mossberg I have about $400 into brand new. Imagine how much better off I'd be with a $1500 scope! :)

Back