Scope preference?

I always shoot with Leupold or Swarovski. For the money i think leupold makes a better product, but the swarovski has better light gathering. also, i recently purchased a leupold vx-II for my .270 hunting rifle and the turrets were marked incorrectly, it was marked for 1/4 in and i really had 1/8 in, so i think their quality conrtol might be slipping a little. My friends who have long range rifles all shoot Vortex scopes, i have been behind a few of these and like them a lot and for the price i think they're a great value.

If you want Nightforce or better quality optics at a fraction of the price checkout the Sightron SIII line.

My friend purchased a Sightron SIII 10-50X60 for around $1,000 which puts my Bushnell 6500 Elite Tactical to shame.

The 10x50x60 illuminated goes for close to $1,500.

Could look at the Mueller tactical 4-16x50. Runs around 300 I think and has a illmuniated mildot. I dont have personal experience with Mueller but from what I've gathered most people who have em like em.

CPTMurdoc30,What's up stranger! It's been a while since I've seen you lurking anywhere. Hope life's treating you and the family fine. THB

To the OP,There are many quality scopes out there,but other than the $1500 and up scopes,my money goes for the Sightron III scopes.They're hard to beat,but there are others that have a few more bells and whistles like better reticle choices/zero stop turrets/illuminated reticles/FFP.
I currently have 5 of them,and have been very happy with their performance for my long range shooting/hunting needs.I love my Swarovski PH,but the clarity of the Sightron's will hang right with it at any range or magnification.

I'm a cheapskate...so I end up getting inexpensive scopes and discovering what works well and what sucks...

TASCO...just run away...never had one last more than two years...and I'm really not that hard on scopes.

BSA...depending on the model, either do great or total suckage...

Simmons...liking these more now than I did a few years ago...they've come a long way on their less expensive lines...

Redfield used to make some great inexpensive scopes, but they're more in the $150+ range these days...

Centerpoint...One Huge thing to know about CP scopes with locking adjusters...
Do NOT move the adjuster without UNLOCKING the locking rings...otherwise you break the adjuster and it won't ever hold zero again...
Lots of schmucks didn't read the instructions, and destroyed their scopes the first day...so never get one from a pre-opened package (a return).
Other than that, they work GREAT!! My 4-16x44 mildot red/green reticle scopes are champs!!
For around $70, you just can't beat 'em!! Also have a pretty good warranty...so for those who broke theirs...send 'em in!!

The only thing I like better than a CP...NIKON & Leupold...but you'll pay for those...and I'd rather spend it in ammo ;)

Back