Scope for Winchester Model 70, Less than 200 yards

The 'affordable' scopes are just fine. e.g. Simmons, Tasco, etc.
I prefer low powered scopes. Keep in mind, at 5X a deer 200 yards away would appear to be only 40 yards from you. An easy open sight shot. How much do you need?
Go for a 1.5X5 or 2X7 power. I just leave them set at the lowest power. Easier to pick up your target and better light gathering. And, if they are moving, rots of ruck keeping on target at 9X or 12X. No problem with 2X.

I've got a m70 in .308 that has had the same K4 on it since 1953, I believe it came as a package that way ( my grandfather bought it for my dad so I know the history somewhat) That said it works great but I would also like to "upgrade" to a multi-X scope for target and longer shots.

To the last ten posters who apparently don't read, he bought a scope on pg 1 the 3-9x Zeiss. Awesome pickup. You won't be disappointed. I picked up a Zeiss as well though mine from Optics Planet.

I like to keep things simple. When I got my first rifle, it had a 4x Burris. I just replaced an old 2.75 Redfield Widefield with a 4x Weaver on my .338-06. With your stated purpose, a 4x would give you the range and view you desire from close to 200 yards. IMO, Weaver is the best value going for the price. Weavers are on eight of my rifles.

Back