Scope base and mounts

I don't think trying to fire an arrow through your rifle will help much.;)

Those rings look like budget rings--I've used those many times and the screw nut easily strips at the first threads where it torques into the rail clamp--it may seem tight but might actually be drifting. Might try switching to better rings.
OR; use a HUGE target that you can't miss.
That's exactly what I do--I've become so lazy that all I do now is plant a 2 x 4 ft target at 100yds, slap the scope on and fire at the board without any other fooling around--rarely takes me more than 4 shots to zero.

Last edited:
Leupold rings & mounts !!

I used to use all kinds of different brands of mounts & rings, I even inter-mingled them, then about 15-or so years ago,
I switched to Leupold mounts & rings on all my rifles that are scoped, and any new/used ones I acquire.
In all that time, once zeroed they stay zeroed and never messed with them again, and don't forget "Loc-tite" is your friend !! :D

don't forget "Loc-tite" is your friend
Loc-Tite isn't needed if you properly degrease the holes and screws before assembly. It just makes things more difficult later if you want to take it apart.

Tahoe, I have used Leupold. They are excellent quality, but I do not think they are any better than the other quality manufacturers; not as good as some. Leaving the ultra premium cost a fortune names out, my preference is"
1. Talley
2. Warne
4. Burris
5. Leupold

I also use DNZ quite often, but did not include it in my list because I consider it more a specialty system. Dnz eliminates need for lapping. Warne and Talley usually require very little, assuming the action is drilled straight. The reason I list Leupold at 5 is because they usually require considerable lapping.

Back