School me on AR-pistol

The AR Pistol is the poor man's (or impatient man's) SBR.

Or the smart man's option if he doesn't want to ask government permission to cross state lines with his property.

Or if he doesn't see a reason why his constitutionally-protected right should be subject to tax.

Or if he doesn't see a valid reason for his property to be listed on a government register.

Extar

I took a look at the Extar 556 videos and at their website. Appears to be a neat little package....much more a pistol than the ARs (most of the photos posted look like carbines).
Pete

Stick to the basic buffer tube configuration and double up on the tube covering for additional padding. IMO, the pistol braces add very little to the overall functionality of an AR pistol. I've had 2 of 'em - a Shockwave Blade and the Sig Brace. Both are sitting in a box.

Don't go shorter than 10" to 11.5". Below that, it gets really loud and the round lose much of its potential.

I prefer single point slings for AR pistols.

Stick to the basic buffer tube configuration and double up on the tube covering for additional padding. IMO, the pistol braces add very little to the overall functionality of an AR pistol. I've had 2 of 'em - a Shockwave Blade and the Sig Brace. Both are sitting in a box.

Don't go shorter than 10" to 11.5". Below that, it gets really loud and the round lose much of its potential.

I prefer single point slings for AR pistols.

Which round? AAC says that 9" is optimal for their 300 Blackout

I think he is talking about 223/556. I agree. If going 556 keep to 10.5” or longeri.

300blk is a completely different animal. 9” is great. Some guys are running 6” barrels in 300blk and getting good results. It totally depends on what you plan on doing with the gun.

If you are looking to maximize velocity with supersonic ammo for hunting, a longer barrel will allow the most velocity out of a given load.

For SD/HD use the 9” is a good balance

Thinking the 8 1/2" upper kit from PSA. Because eventually it will have something attached at times that extends it a few more inches.:D

I run 10.5" barrels on both the 5.56 and .300AAC.

I do not use sub-sonic ammo exclusively in the .300, so the extra length is a boon for my uses.

My 6.5 Grendel has a 12" barrel and that's as long as I'll go with a silencer in mind. It works well with my Silencerco Omega.

Good luck and have fun!

Back