Scared of being shot by an LEO?

See I appreciate you put the effort into it. And im sure some cops shoot much better than us lowly civilians. On the same token I'm sure there are those of inferior stock who can out shoot most cops. It was an observation on local cops, maybe where you're from they practice, apparently here they don't or take as much pride as you.

:confused: That's a really good question for anyone to consider. If I had to suddenly, 'throw down' on someone in public I think I'd be inclined to shout, 'police officer' repeatedly and real loud!

Yeah, I know; I know; but I'd rather get arrested for impersonating an officer than shot while saving myself or someone else from disaster!

At least a good guy would have to think, twice, before immediately, 'offing' you! ;)

Shot by a LEO

With all the adrenalin flowing I am not going to give a LEO a reason to shoot and I am going to hit the deck! We can straighten it all out ofter all concerned cool off and reach a stage of sanity including me.

Of course out here in the boonies such situation is as likely as hitting the lotto.

A couple nights ago, I had a dream that a bunch of uniformed, but unmarked people did a dynamic entry on my apartment, screaming "Stop! Police!" the whole time. In the dream, I started shooting, got torn up by MP5 fire, "died", and woke up.

Upon thinking about it for about five seconds, I realized I was a complete fool in the dream. If I'm that outgunned, it doesn't matter if it's the Mafia, the Aryan Nation jerkoffs, or the PPD, I have a better chance of surviving if I just drop my weapon.

That said, if I were being shot at by a plainclothes cop, I think I'd probably return fire. Mainly because I seriously doubt I'd have any idea what's going on.

Subway?
Hot dang! I live in AR, I can actually say something nice about living here - no subways...our roads suck, but we don't worry about subway shootings..

We do have LEOs.

I did not venture down that alley as it may have been 3 or 4 dudes with a baseball bat - Richard Pryor ....cleaned up a bit.

I see folks slinging lead, I am best to leave and be a good witness. I mean it could be UC LEOS and gangbangers having a discussion - as I am neither LEO, or gang banger - I was not invited. Be a real bummer to shoot a LEO.

Now I have been in situations with UC LEOS , and when the Blue Lights come flashing, the smell of rubber from stopping hits your nostrils...and the Uniform says " Drop it" - you drop it, hug pavement, get cabled and behave until the UC and whatnot sort things out. Sort the BGs from UC , and civilians like me.

Don't be where trouble is. If trouble comes to you...and UC officers ID themselves ( or you know them) shut up, listen, follow orders...and when told to drop it, hit the pavement - do so really really fast in a safe manner...fast.

Those of you who would shoot at someone who has identified himself as an officer (even in uniform with strobe lights coming out his ears as ATW25 said) speak very well for the gun owning community .

If he's shooting at me, I have every right to defend myself. If you're content with letting him kill you because he's in a uniform, then that's just Darwinism in action... thank you for doing your part to help evolution, have a nice day and please drive through. :D

Back