Scandimanium, Titanium, Alimanium....

I love scandium framed sidearms. Open carried the S&W 329PD from Feb. 2011 until around Jan. 2018 when I bought my scandium framed S&W SW1911 SC E-series .45. Both are very light for their caliber, but also heavy hitting, if necessary.

The 329PD is a beast (read: "Good God-almighty, that HURT!!!") with .44 Mag rounds. Like a baseball bat to the hand type of hurt. With .44 Specials, it's a pussycat.

The 1911 is a bit better with standard .45 ball ammo. I love carrying them both albeit a bit large for CCW. They'll both do the job if, heaven forbid, I ever need them to.

I love scandium framed sidearms. Open carried the S&W 329PD from Feb. 2011 until around Jan. 2018 when I bought my scandium framed S&W SW1911 SC E-series .45. Both are very light for their caliber, but also heavy hitting, if necessary.

The 329PD is a beast (read: "Good God-almighty, that HURT!!!") with .44 Mag rounds. Like a baseball bat to the hand type of hurt. With .44 Specials, it's a pussycat.

The 1911 is a bit better with standard .45 ball ammo. I love carrying them both albeit a bit large for CCW. They'll both do the job if, heaven forbid, I ever need them to.
Shooting the 329 is definitely a miserable way to spend some time... and it takes a couple days for my hands to return to their normal state... at least my dominant hand. I still love it though... so light and if you need it, it is big firepower.

I had a 329 and a 360PD.

The J frame was miserable to shoot with magnums. The 329 not so bad, maybe because the grips were bigger.

The J frame did not hold up to magnums and the 329, everything I tried jumped crimp.

I had a 329 and a 360PD.

The J frame was miserable to shoot with magnums. The 329 not so bad, maybe because the grips were bigger.

The J frame did not hold up to magnums and the 329, everything I tried jumped crimp.
I'll admit the J frames are miserable to shoot with magnums, but I found the 357 125gr Hornady FTX, acceptable.... even with that tiny crimson trace grip.

As far as the 329PD 4 inch, I fire Garretts out of them and I have never had any issue with crimp jump. http://www.garrettcartridges.com/44defendertech.html These are probably the max you ever want to shoot in the 329... and it is miserable. lol

What exactly do you run in your 329?

Using Hornady 140 gr., XTP in...

M36, M37, & M60.

I find not difference in targets nor recoil.

The 37 is great for carry and the 36 & 60 ket you know they ate there!

All comes down to practicing.

Back