SC CWP - how Long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only requirement for the NH Non-res license was a photo copy of your existing CWP from your home state in 35 bucks if I remember correctly

Update

My SC CWP came yesterday, 73 days after I hand carried it to SLED. In the meantime, I mailed a FL CWP application a week after the SC, and received a week before the SC CWP.

Now good to go in about 33 states!

96 days. Yep, 6 days over the legal limit. But who am I going to complain to - SLED? :rolleyes:

Chief Stewart did not like us commoners to have CWPs and had instructed his staff to wait the full 90 days. The more time that went by, the less the staff cared, apparently. Now he's gone so there's no telling how long the average will be.

Looks like we might get reciprocity with Fl.... since we now

recognize florida resident permits....

As it is... you can send Florida a finger print card for the non resident permit... in fact you have to.. Two years ago I tried to do the electronic scan thing while in florida and they only allow it for resident applications.

It took the full 90 days when I applied last october.. last saturday I ran into my CWP instructor at the range and he told me that SC had gotten down to a 2 month wait, but it was back to the full 90 days now.

We mailed my wifes CWP application on saturday, so we are playing the waiting game also.

Just An Update

I applied back in November of 2016. When I called for a status update they informed me they did not look at my application until January 5th. I received my permit yesterday making it 47 days from when they looked at my application to when I received my permit in the mail. Hope this helps anyone looking to apply for a SC CWP.

Just got my sc cwp instructors credentials. Woot!

Sorry, didn't keep track of the exact timing but I'm sure it was under two months.

Since things change regularly in the world of permits, we'll close this thread. Any more updates will need a new thread started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back