SBR ?

Fox84 said:
I think I'll just keep my arm braces. Way to much BS for a SBR!
Sure, the laws are somewhat complicated, but any decent dealer will make it fairly easy to buy a NFA item; they'll help you with the whole process.

Say you wanted to buy an SBR from the shop I work at here in Washington. All you have to do is go to a website like 199trust.com, buy their $59 NFA trust, print it out, get it notarized, and make a copy of it. Then come on into our shop and pick out an SBR.

Then we'll help you fill out two copies of the Form 4, then you pay for the SBR and give us a $200 check or money order made out to the BATFE. That's it on your end until the tax stamp comes back. From the moment you picked out the SBR to the moment you left the store could easily take only 15 minutes.

We'll send the Form 4s to the ATF along with a copy of your trust and the $200 check. Then we wait about 4-5 months for the ATF to send one Form 4 back with the tax stamp affixed. Then you come in and fill out a 4473 and we do the instant background check just like you were buying a regular rifle.

The hardest part for most people is waiting for the tax stamp to come back. Otherwise, it's nowhere near as complicated as many people make it out to be. Other than the time it took you to set up the trust (which can be pretty easy if you use a simple online trust service), it only takes two 15 minute visits to your dealer.

I'm 60 days into the wait for my 5th stamp. Definitely the only part that sucks with the whole process.

I already have a Arms Trust and I want to build my SBR lower

If you already have a Trust established...get on the website and do the form1. Just be patient and wait em out. You will not be sorry.

Fox84 said:
I already have a Arms Trust and I want to build my SBR lower
In that case it's a lot simpler than what I wrote in my previous post. Fill out a Form 1, mail it to the ATF along with a copy of your trust and a check for $200. Next, engrave your trust name and location on your SBR lower. Then when your tax stamp comes back, put your SBR together and you're good to go.

Or instead of mailing in your forms you can go online and submit your Form 1 via the eForms system. The online process is faster but you don't get a tax stamp, you just get an email that you print out.

Here's a guide to filling out a Form 1:
https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/form1

And here's a YouTube video from Silencer Shop on how to use the online eForms system:
https://youtu.be/ZRbsltM3jyU

Back