SB15 passes CA assembly today....

I'm a gun dealer in Kalifornica. Here's how it works.

If you don't have the gun anymore, you don't have a problem. All you have to do is be able to document where it went.

If it went out of state, you are clear. The regulations concerning private transfers pertain to kalifornica only.

As long as you transfer it legally through a dealer, or whatever the laws in the state it goes to require, Kalifornica can't do anything.

Interstate sales of long guns are legal as long as the laws of the state where the new owner resides are met.

Most states don't regulate private party transfers and if you are visiting out of state and want to sell or give your long gun to some one in one of those states it is ok.

Dealers can't do that but private parties can. This cannot be done with handguns but long guns have different rules.

If you transfer the AW out of Kalifornica, it is gone "forever". If you bring it back into the state, that is a FELONY. You can't "lend it to a buddy" or sell it for a dollar or anything like that and bring it back later. Once it's gone, it's gone.

They're not going to prosecute you for once having owned an AW, if you don't have it anymore, even if you registered it in the "grey period". They may be fascists, but they're not stupid.

Lets not go off the deep end here, folks. I hate this crap as much as the rest of you, maybe even more since I have to deal with it at the "official" level, but launching on a ballistic track before the fuse is even lit is counterproductive.

Keep a level head, pay attention and, when the time is right, take some action.

Wait, watch and be ready. Interesting times are coming.

RKBA!

------------------
Dennis

"That no free man should ever be disarmed".
wrightknife@ixpres.com

Back