Saw this at my local LGS for $139

I get a kick out of people who bash the Hi-points. Most all say they function reliably, are ok with most all ammo and are decently accurate. So they are blow back with huge slides, they function, People are ok with a 4 figure hand gun that "needs to break in" before it can be trusted. How is a pistol that costs over 1K and not work out of the box ok, but a cheap reliable pistol is not?

I would argue it’s not okay for the 1k pistol to not work. I would argue pistols that don’t function aren’t okay regardless of price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I 100% agree with you, I would be less than happy is I spent that much money and it needed to be modded to work. I don't know of any gun maker to polarize the masses as much as Hi-Point. If you want to see rabid fans hit up the Hi-Point forums, those guys are die hards. I go there time to time, good info and good laughs as well.

How dare a lowly, ugly peasant of a gun have a owner that has the gall to insinuate it can shoot as reliable my fine, Premium, noble Stallion of a Firearm. Someone Bring me my Glove, so I can slap the scoundrel across his lying face with his blasphemy.

For that price, I would try one. If it worked as advertised it would live in my toolbox in the garage. Just another tool for a specific job. Congrats on the new addition at a good price. I haven't seen a good price on a used gun in a while now.

I owned a JCP Hi-point for a about a year, it never failed to operate and go bang every time I pulled the trigger. I sold it finally due to fears the 40 S&W is a dying cartridge. Can't wait to get the C9 to the range

I’ve always been fascinated by Hipoint firearms and have always wanted to mess around with one. Then I actually handle one and just can’t bring myself to actually part with my money for one. Maybe one of these days though. It’s like back when the SKS’s started first showing up. A local hardware store was selling them for $75.00 or three for $200.00. Every time I was tempted I’d pick one up and just couldn’t do it, regret that now. I should have bought every one they had in stock.

I'd buy one at that price - just to toss into my truck console. I've never shot one, never wanted one, but I do have the 9mm carbine - and it's reliable and as accurate as any other carbine I've seen.

Never owned or even shot a High Point, but everything I've read says they are dependable. And, if it doesn't work, it makes for a good brick to use for self-defense. :)

My BIL tried to give me one in 9 last year. Told him I didn't want it but he left it in my truck anyway. My next trip over Wolftever creek and out the window it went. Cost him $100 for the diver to retrieve it from 23 feet of water.

Bill

Interesting to do a little study on these guns. Seems their firearms are made in the Good old USA for one and for over 30 years. The design maybe ugly, but they seem to go for functionality over beauty. And from most of the reports I have seen that are very reliable much to the chagrin of people who own expensive firearms. (drives them crazy)
The do use a "Zinc alloy which some people are wary of, because of the use of zinc alloy (Zamak-3) castings in much of their construction. However, the parts made from Zamak-3 in Hi-Point guns (slide) are low-stress components that do not require the strength of steel at these pistol cartridge power levels. The slide is made of a Zamak-3. The frame is made of steel reinforced high strength polymer. Higher stress and wear components in Hi-Points, like the barrel, chamber, breech and other small parts, are made of steel"
LOL, but these guns are actually rated PLUS P all the way up to 45.cal.. I know of other Semi's right now that could spend the money on adding Steel to their cheap aluminum chassis and rails. But they do not spend the money. One is a firearm just released right now as we speak that will NOT shoot Plus P and crack a frame or grip with any substantial ammo down range.
The idea that a manufacture can actually produce a working gun for the masses and be as reliable as guns costing more than 5 times as much is heart breaking for many.
No the gun, may not have the beauty of a gallant Triple gun derby winner, and may look like a old working mule, but it seems to do a full days work without any whining.
It does not look like High Point is going anywhere. NOT the kind of Company that will just lay down by a few complainers. Instead they stand tall while being made in America. Bravo for this USA hardiness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Point_Firearms

I never seriously considered one, But thanks to this thread, i want may want, for the heck of it. One like this.
No it will not replace my carry guns.
KVRQGAg.jpg

Toms custom guns

https://tomscustomguns.com/2013/11/01/hi-point-9mm-in-americana/

Last edited:
This reminds me that Hi Point (maybe last year) asked the internet to name a model for the company. "Yeet Cannon" won. Just checked the website and sure enough they have the C9 in "Yeet Cannon" trim!

This reminds me that Hi Point (maybe last year) asked the internet to name a model for the company. "Yeet Cannon" won. Just checked the website and sure enough they have the C9 in "Yeet Cannon" trim!
Lol, never heard of that, but looked it up. Here is the story. The name won by a naming contest. Seems like Hi Point, rather than get mad, faced it head on. At least Hi Point has a sense of humor.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/hi-point-yeet-cannon-the-story- behind-this-oddly-named-firearm/
Heck, I did not even know what Yeet means.

A word one may scream while propelling an object through the air at alarming speeds, heights, and etc.
"YEET!" Betty screamed, hurling the rock at her cat caller's head.

Last edited:
I have had my C9 for over a year now and have fired well over a thousand rounds through it. It shoots and is accurate and dependable. Really don't care if other folks like it or not since it is mine. Yes, I have other guns.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in my opinion, you can make this pistol look a lot better for less than $20.

Attachments

• C9 photo.jpg
    C9 photo.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 20
I have had my C9 for over a year now and have fired well over a thousand rounds through it. It shoots and is accurate and dependable. Really don't care if other folks like it or not since it is mine. Yes, I have other guns.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in my opinion, you can make this pistol look a lot better for less than $20.
Nice Cliff6. I guess that is original finish? Looks good.

Yes, it is the factory finish. I did make the letters white by applying latex paint and then wiping over with a damp cloth. I wasn't quite finished when I took this photo....lettering is much better now. I also installed the factory walnut grips which definitely feel better and I think they look much better.

Back