Savage Edge 7mm-08; Houston we have a problem.

I really haven't understood why two manufacturers with solid reputations- Remington and Savage- introduced these "entry" 770's and Axis's over a hundred or two dollars.

Is it really worth the unhappy customers? It's easy to say "you get what you pay for", but we know what that's worth...

Now Ruger has joined the "entry" rifle fray, we'll see how that one goes...

I had a Savage Axis in 7-08 and found that I had to move my front sandbag back to almost the front action screw so it wouldn't put upward pressure on the forearm which made it touch the barrel. The factory stock is very flimsy. When I discovered this fact which I found on the internet the rifle shot very well (1 - 1 1/2" groups) As said before it sounds like the scope has gone bad. I had a friend that had a single shot .243 ( H&R IIRC) that wouldn't shoot anything smaller than a 10" grouped no matter what I did. I tried some old Speer 105 gr bullets setted out as far as I could get them and still stay in the case and the bullet never even touched the lands. He sent it back in and requested a .223 barrel and that shoots just fine.

Back