Savage 111

T.O'Heir......"...I'm only fourteen..." Hi. You have a few options. Some of which cost more than others. Put an aftermarket trigger($114.35 or less for an adjustable trigger from Timney. Net search 'em. Timney's prices are less at some retail shops. $20 or so.) in, have a trigger job done or change the springs.
You also get to decide if you think you can do any of that yourself. Without your ma going offside, I mean. Mom's are just like that some times. Anyway, doing a trigger job isn't rocket science, so you should be able to do it. Doesn't take any special tools either.

The OP was posted in 2012 and has not posted since, doubt he is still here.

I had the same model Savage, one with the accutrigger and one without. The group were so similar, as to not even be worth mentioning. With that said, I actually preferred the non-accu version better.

To me, the quest for a super-light trigger pull can actually take away from a rifle's use-ability. When hunting, you need to fire a shot exactly when you intend too. With a trigger under 2-3lbs, it's so light that it's impossible (for me) to "stage" the trigger in a way that I'm comfortable with. I prefer to rest my finger on the trigger so it's right up against the "wall" (breaking point) so I'm ready exactly when the optimum shot presents itself. You can't really rest your finger on an accutrigger comfortably without the risk of firing before you're ready. Especially in winter when it's cold, you may be wearing gloves, etc.

My opinion. If you can shoot it well, let it be.

Trigger ajustment

I found a video on you tube that shows how to ajust the pre-accutriggers,want a pull for deer hunting.Some say a heavy triggers is better for hunting,thinking maybe 4#'s.Moved to KY.about 7 yrs.ago heard they had bear and elk,so bought a 7mm rem mag, savage 111,found out all the real big game is on the east side of ky. and me in the central part.

While most of this is accurate, some is a bit off.

You cannot retrofit an acu trigger to a new savage if it does not have it from the get go. Different mounting machining on the receiver.

Lot of aftermarket triggers that do fit though so good choices but $100 minimum at a guess.

I have shot a lot of triggers, the acu trigger is good, not fantastic, not great but it is good. I like it and have not problem with the safety blade.

Acu Triggers come in 3 flavors.

Hunting: 3 lbs minimum as I recall. fine for hunting, still good let off

Varmint: 1.5 lbs minimum, gets iffy for false trip (mechanism wont let you fire until you re-cock/ ) at the bottom and you might have to adjust up a bit. this is just a spring change so you can turn an Hunter into a Varmint.

Target: this goes down to 8 oz or some such. It requires a sear change. Hard to get that but Savage might sell with a disclaimer.

Wait..... Did I read $50 to adjust a factory Savage trigger????

Start sending those puppies to me!!! I'll do it for $30 and laugh the whole way to the bank... :D

Back