Saturday Night Specials

I've got a little Arminius HW3 7 shot .32 S&W Long. It actually is a pretty good gun and shoots very good considering the stubby little barrel.

I had a Phoenix Arms HP22A with 2 barrels (2" and 4"?) and enjoyed it for a couple of years. I sold it about a year ago to seal the deal on another gun I was buying - I'll just say it was WELL worth it. :)

My first pistol was a Nickel raven .25 auto I bought for $40 in 1981 after I got robbed at the gas station I worked at. Its a blast to shoot, but I'm glad I never had to use it for personal defense. I do still CCW it occasionally as its easy to forget its on you, but I am aware of its limitations. Heavy trigger pull, and really accurrate if you are one of the few people who can actually shoot these things well. I handload for mine, as ammo is not cheap!

LOL - I too still have a Jennings from the early 80's. Not many rounds through it. I keep it to show students what not to buy for a first gun. And I have a 40 year old Charter that I still shoot quals with. A very under rated gun. Guns don't have to be $1,500 forgings to be good. Look at the AK.

The most common brand (sold under several names) was Rohm Gesellschaft, or "RG" and the RG-10 was the most common of its products. For that reason, "RG-10" came to be a common term for a very cheap imported revolver, whether made by Rohm or not.

actually, Röhm (it is "ö", not "o") is a common brand for blank firing /tear gas pistols here in Europe. Many of the models I have seen in this thread suspiciously resemble these blank firing models, I guess they have taken the same frames and just added a real barrel and, in case, cylinder.

These are, to draw another parallel to SNS, the kind of "guns" that young "wannabe gangsters" used (or still use) to carry for want of a better option since live firearms are not easily available here in Austria.

Back