Santa Fe Enfield....

Hmm. A No.4 bolt originally made with a hole in it would explain things nicely. I didn't think of that. Must need a new brain.

Last edited:
Limey,

No need to feel like a brain tranny mate ... many Enfield enthusiasts need to be told about the hollowed bolt heads on No4 rifles as well as it is a common assumption made that the only rifles with hollowed heads were the No5's; now you know different, and you know how to tell them apart. ;)

Tiki.

Yes..a #4....Has #4 sight....GB28392A....Thank yall....Good info here....

If GB28392A is the original serial number it would indicate it's a early 1943 Fazakerley build. The "A" suffix indicates one or more non-standard part(s) were used. Normally a over sized pin.

The Santa Fe magazine is a desirable mag, legal for game hunting and are very well made.

I have two of the Golden State Arms sporters. I have started to collect these as I have run out of No4's to collect.

Just found this No4 GSA for next to nothing. Built on a MkII it has a hollow bolt handle as well.
british3033.png

british3034.png

MCB...nice gun...

I remember..as a kid..going into Gibsons Dept store in Corsicana, TX....
There were barrels full of Enfields..Mausers..etc....many old military rifles..and dirt cheap....

Some No4 bolts were made with the hole in the bolt knob. There were even different sized bolt knob holes known to exist. The hollowed out knob by itself is not a reliable indication of a No5.

Back