Santa came! What did he bring??

just an fyi

Hi All
just new to the forum
just got my FFL in October and any questions you have I will be glad to answer them

I had a Sig P238 under the tree, the SAS version. My wife has the black one with the rosewood grips and we both love it. This one might have arrived to keep me from drooling on my wife's. With my daughter home for Christmas and a sad return trip to the airport, other shopping, and whatnot, I haven't been to the range with it yet, but Thursday morning is looking good and it is going to be a pocket pistol as soon as it is proven.

My girlfriend will finally be receiving her Ruger LCP today. I got the muddy girl camo to hopefully soften the blow of receiving a firearm when she told me not to get her one.

I played Santa, too. SAR K2-P 9mm. My first CZ-clone, looks just like a Tanfoglio (EAA) Witness Carry model so I'm not sure who was copying who. Shot a 100 rounds with it w/ no hiccups. Shoots a little low but the sights adjsutable so that should be correctible. The ambi thumb saftey hangs up like a treble fish-hook when drawn form an IWB holster I tried so might not be the best CC gun which of couse they market it for. But the price was nice and it seemed the best bargain in the store. I'm happy with it.

I didn't expect anything since Santa's sleigh doesn't work well jn mud. However, I went out to the barn and Santa apparently me a baby billy goat and a baby nanny goat through Sally, my adult nanny. Thank goodness for global warming because baby goats don't normally survive winter births.

I received a new Colt Government Model .45 from my best friend, took it out on Christmas Day at the home range and despite two feet of snow and sixteen degrees I was able to put down all the plates at twenty five yards. Fixed sights were dead on at that distance, Mr Colt is not only accurate but good looking too.

Santa brought money. I suppose I can buy whatever I want. . .

I did make the rounds of a few shops. I am looking for a Sig Tacops 1911 in 9mm as well as a Colt 1911 in 9mm. No one had anything in stock. I already have a Dan Wesson, Smith and Wesson and Springfield. The trigger on a fastback Nightmare was so good out of the box, I would like to try one in 9mm.

I seriously like .45 but the 9mm is very close behind. I would also consider a .40. I only have one gun in .40 and that is a Sig P226 Elite in stainless steel.

ZeroTX- "How are those? Seems like a good deal".

A friend of mine got one of the two tone ones when they first appeared, and it's a great gun. I kept looking at them on GB, etc, and when I saw them going for $369.95 at CDNN, I had to bite. If it shoots as good as my friend's does, I'll be more than thrilled. I would like it if someone came out with thin wood grips for it, there are aftermarket ones out there, but they are pretty thick. My hands aren't huge, and with the stock grips, it's as big as I can tolerate. I really wish I was better with woodworking. I can get some nice walnut and other wood pieces that would make great grips. I just don't have the talent, or the patience.

Santa gave me a couple of bricks of .22 hv long rifle ammo!
First .22 stuff I've even seen for sale in two years?
Thank you Santa and thank you internet (sure none local..................SoCal):D

The big guy with the red suit must have got together with the elves at Cabelas and gave me an 1860 army 44 bp revolver and some "possibles" for my box.
What a great fella,,,,;)

Santa arrived a bit overdue for me, but anyway, a couple of books.

"Black Powder Hobby Gunsmithing" and "Percussion pistols and revolvers"

Santa's elves are late, dangit!

Santa used a bunch of elves this year,,,
And all of them were on time except for one.

I asked Santa for a 4" Rossi R98 Plinker revolver,,,
His elves at Buds Gun Shop got my order on the 24th.

I realize that was the worst date to ask Santa for anything,,,
But it's been seven business days now,,,
Still no shipping confirmation. :(

Before anyone gets on me about this,,,
I've ordered many (7 or 8 maybe 9) guns from Buds,,,
This is the first time the gun hasn't shipped after just two working days.

I'm not angry,,,
I'm just antsy is all. :o

I want my gun Santa!

Aarond

I hadn't seen this one.

My wife called Santa and he dropped off this for her to give to me. (Actually she badgered me into buying it, but I'll count that.)

1954 Colt Official Police. Lightly fired.

I'm pretty much a Smith & Wesson guy, but I won't turn my nose up at a nice Colt.

Back