Safest gun to carry cocked and locked

The Cougar cannot be carried cocked and locked, The safety is a decocker, But I believe it is one of the safest to carry with one in the tube and the safety on

I think theres some confusion here with the term "cocked and locked". The term "cocked and locked" does not refer to safety on/ loaded chamber. It refers to hammer back (cocked) and safety on (locked). With that criteria, the 1911, hi-power, and the H&K are all very good examples of safe firearms in "condition one".

------------------
"To die as a warrior means to have crossed swords and either won or lost without any consideration for winning or loosing. There is just not enough time and generally not enough strength in the resolve of any man to do otherwise"-Miyamoto Musashi

Its not carried in condition one, but the HK P7M8 is very safe to carry with a round in the chamber, and very quick to fire the first shot as well, with a single action trigger... Similar to 1911's but the safety lever, in my opinion, on the P7M8 is must more instinctive and quicker to train and learn with...

Damage,
I suppose there are many "safe" guns to carry CCW, But not all are "good" guns to carry. When you look for a quality gun, you'll find a safe one to carry concealled.
remember, A.D.'s are usually operator error.

Back