Safest Glock Gen5 trigger enhancements

For some reason I don’t think Glock is interested in doing that. Glock seems to be content with their customers going to the aftermarket, in a number of areas. Maybe that makes it easier for them production wise, and in fairness the options from SIG can be more expensive, sometimes much so. Maybe when Gaston passes away that attitude will evolve, but until then I don’t think “Perfection” is going to change much. I say this as someone that still likes Glocks, so maybe it’s a moot point.

I think for myself there’s a bit of a Goldilocks situation when it comes to these slimline pistols. I think part of that is shooting say an original Shield versus the P365 showed them so close in shooting performance that getting the SIG and having the added capacity seemed like a foregone conclusion. But a Glock 19 versus a Macro and having the Macro thinner, but similar (or taller) in height and worse in shooting characteristics has me accepting a bit more width with the Glock 19. Then you could even go the PDP F-series, and have a compact with a thinner grip (I picked on of those up and have been playing with it). Idk, lots of options now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very true!

Wondering about the PDP-F too. Want to hear more from owners over time with the moving of the trigger and what that means for who knows what if anything :) I dislike the PDP slide, but what can you do if it's the future of Walther. Nothing. :) I'll eventually get back into one.

The HK P2000 (non SK) at micro smaller than the G19 is giving me extreme heartburn. I bought, but cancelled the order just knowing it won't be perfect. It would require a Gray Guns reset (for me) and even then it would just match a Glock factory reset at best. But the urge is bordering as very high.

I'm willing to have 3 carry sizes in the LCP, the P365 10rnder, and something before the standard G19/Walther. What is that bewtweener is open for the manufacturers to fill :D

Last edited:
I have had a few P2000s, V3 so DA/SA, over the years. I think it’s about the perfect carry sized DA/SA and when I used it I loved it at first. But the trigger, like you mentioned, is just mediocre at best. From the pistols you posted about buying lately the trigger would seem bad by comparison. Part of why I sold mine is I started short stroking the trigger at speed. You can learn not to do that, but why have to?

I put a GrayGuns reduced reset kit in an HK45 recently and it made a difference, but honesty not like SIG SRT level of difference, and in the P2000 you’re starting off worse than the HK45.
Maybe a gunsmith could do better directly, idk.

The PDP F series has been good so far. The ergonomics (I use the medium blackstrap as opposed to the small that comes installed), are to me better than the PDP by a fair margin. If you see one locally give it a look. I have about 400 rounds through mine so far. I’m now waiting on an optics plate and it looks like I will be for some time (I wish optics ready actually meant optics ready). The frame is made in the US though, with an imported slide and barrel, so no cool proof marks. I am a bit curious how it holds up, I guess I’ll see.

That is awesome! I dont know how much i am into replacing two factory 15rnd mags for my 10rnd grip...but maybe. That fixes a very obvious and uncomfortable oem issue. Thanks for the link!

Dang it. Yeah. Gotta do it. That is cleary better.

Yep. The v3. I had a p30l v3 so know what i wouldnt like about the p2000...willing to be less concerned on reset, but hk reset is just so darn long. Wild hair and i might get it next and just accept it. That srt on my p226...it is almost too much.

Did you say if the pdp f is the 4 or 3.5? Maybe that is an idea...i know walther got too tricky with the different ppq sc slide vs the p99c...but hum. Maybe that is something to think on too for that inbetween size.

Great talk. Thanks. Lots to think on

Did you say if the pdp f is the 4 or 3.5? Maybe that is an idea...i know walther got too tricky with the different ppq sc slide vs the p99c...but hum. Maybe that is something to think on too for that inbetween size.

Great talk. Thanks. Lots to think on

My F series is the 4”. For me the slight reduction in size of the 3.5” wasn’t overly appealing. Barrel and slide length isn’t something I typically find hard to conceal and if I am going to carry something as tall as a PDP F series I accept the longer barrel, though I get why someone might go with the 3.5”. Plus the lights and holsters I have from my 4” Compact could work easily enough with the 4” F series. The 4” also shares recoil springs with the typical PPQ/PDP 4”, and I have a Sprinco system I’ve used.

I really like the feel of the stock Gen 5 triggers. So much so that I sold my Gen 3's.

I know the Glock trigger pull leaves something to be desired for many people, but for my use (carry and home defense) the stock trigger is just about perfect. For me anyway.

Picked up the PPQ M1 today. I think it's brand new and unfired. The two extra mags had not residue inside. I'll post up pics with the P226 and the G19 as these are the main compacts in my mind, but for right this second...man.

It is light and day difference. I warmed up to the Glock, but picking up the PPQ it was perfect again. Again, despite the PDP talk of a more defined wall, this PPQ has zero creep at its wall. Very easy to pull the shot as expected or to small move it to the wall and know the break. Just fanastic.

Picked up the PPQ M1 today. I think it's brand new and unfired. The two extra mags had not residue inside. I'll post up pics with the P226 and the G19 as these are the main compacts in my mind, but for right this second...man.

It is light and day difference. I warmed up to the Glock, but picking up the PPQ it was perfect again. Again, despite the PDP talk of a more defined wall, this PPQ has zero creep at its wall. Very easy to pull the shot as expected or to small move it to the wall and know the break. Just fanastic.

Nothing wrong with knowing what you like. Good to hear you got another PPQ.

Well, after much research, I ended up with the oddly named Glock 45, a 9mm Glock 19 slide on a Glock 17 frame. I really like the way it feels and shoots. I've already added Ameriglo sights and may spring for the Glockmeister TVR trigger shoe.

Nice.

That's a pricey pill without the bar and stuff. Wowzer. But I'm checking it out now.

Thanks!

Follow up, the continued reference of some god of war without product description is ridiculous.

Back