SA Hellcat

just bought one for my b-day and so far i love it , not a single compliant, carry it witht he 11rd mag with the flush base , and the extended mag in my pocket
0f8DqSV.jpg

im considering swapping the rear u sight for a tritium 2 dot rear , and not sure if ill ever purchase the redot for it but i did get the osp

Para Ordnance Expert Carry .45ACP still working for me.

That’s good if it works for you. But many prefer lighter, thinner, more ammo capacity, and cheaper.....with night sights.

Para Ordnance Expert Carry .45ACP still working for me.

That’s good if it works for you. But many prefer lighter, thinner, more ammo capacity, and cheaper.....with night sights.

Yeah, really.

Sometimes a S&W J frame works fine for me, but as my old seventh grade teacher used to say, “what does that have to do with the prices of onions in Russia?”

I picked up a Hellcat a few months ago. The sight system made it highly accurate inside 5 yards, but my groups opened up quite a bit at longer distances. I had two FTF's in the first 200 rounds. It also feels thicker in the hand than my 365. Between the two, I prefer the 365. I find the Sig to be more accurate, more reliable, and more comfortable to carry and shoot.

I’m thinking I want a Hellcat but there’s no place around that has one to rent so I can try it out. I’m a fairly new shooter and I have a Sig P320 as my home defense weapon but that’s not a great carry gun. I’m not comfortable with the idea of buying something like a compact or mini compact pistol ( or any pistol, I guess) without trying it out. Any suggestions?

Not being able to try one out before you buy it is a bummer. What makes it a bigger bummer is how often folks tell prospective buyers to try before they but. Our only range where that was possible closed down and that left us with a 4+ hr drive to find a place to rent.
If you do a lot of research on your end and find a good deal on a particularly interesting pistol, I say just do the white knuckle thing and jump in. If it doesn't tickle your fancy one way or another, chances are you can get close to your moneys worth back out of it to put towards a different one. I understand, it's frustrating being in your shoes. Folks will tell you to get what they get, they can post pictures of targets, but in the end it's you who'll be whipping out the $$. All I can say, is start your own threads and ask lots of questions. Good luck.

I bought the Hellcat to improve my ability to shoot at moderately further targets more accurately than I'm able with my current carry gun... a Pico. In that regard it has performed better than I hoped. I have the OSP model and mounted a Sig Romeo Zero. It easily cowitnessed with the bright and easy to see standard sights. I've been impressed with the pistol in every way. Good sights, good grip, (I use the pinkie grip mag base), reliable and easy to shoot pretty tight groups. There are a number of holsters available with or without an optic mounted gun.

I shot fondled and shot the 365 too but I wanted the gun to have an optic and the Sig loses the rear sight and you must buy the larger model. Nice gun but it missed the mark in that regard. I wanted both sights at the same time.

Back