SA/DA or Striker for learning

How bout both at the same time. The Walther P99 and P99c are a unique DA/SA striker fired design with a decocker. What an amazing firearm that is. Great trigger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated, striker fired consistent trigger pull time after time. DA/SA will give you a long trigger pull on the first round and then shortened up after that and you can dry fire both types of guns

If you start with and master a DA/SA pistol, it's easy to then transition to another platform should you choose to do so in the future. This will really teach you good trigger discipline, hence it's my recommendation.

^ This. The DA/SA might be "more complicated" but that's because it involves more than one mode. Getting good with it means getting good with more than one mode. It also means getting fluent between modes. That could certainly lend itself to versatility and could help you to prepare for a wider selection of guns in the future.

Offhand, I'd suggest that you choose what you intend to use and start there.

Personally, I think that starting with a DA trigger is a good idea, and it can't hurt to work with a DA handgun forever. You can probably get a striker fired for a little less than a similar quality DA.

Back