S&W equivalent to SP101 357?

Because hosters and speed loaders are often interchangeable between a Ruger SP101 and S&W J-frame, I'd say the S&W Model 60 would be the closest equivalent. A S&W K-Frame like a model 13 or 65 is really quite a bit larger and, in my opinion, more analogous to the Ruger Speed Six or Police Service Six.

There isn't an exact equivalent.

The SP101 is larger than the S&W J frame revolvers, but smaller than the K frame revolvers.

Thanks for all the info, fellows. With the gun stores all closed right now, no way to hang out there and play with the toys.

That Kimber is very intriguing. It has gotten great write-ups and You-Tube reviews, Hickock45 and so forth. I may have to check it out. You don't usually associate Kimber with revolvers, but all indications are that they got this one real right.

Also want to check out the S&W Model 60 once this idiocy is over with and we can go to the LGS again.

I absolutely did not intend to ignite a Ruger v. S&W thread. I am very familiar with those arguments and I like the products of both companies.

Back