S&W CSX Range Report

I find it interesting that all of the videos (that I've seen) compare the CSX to the M&P, when I wouldn't expect the two guns to have the same audience.
Let's see some comparisons to the P938/Micro 9/911.

Thought I’d give an update on my range report. I finally decided to call S&W about the accuracy issues. They told me that that kind of accuracy is NOT acceptable to them and they’re sending me a label to send it in and get the problem fixed. Seems like a pretty good response so far.

I've got one. I've put about 100 rounds? More or less anyway, all my reloads, mostly 115 grain Berry's Plated RN, with a double handful of various hollow points tossed in at random. No malfunctions. The trigger on mine breaks at 4.5-5.0 pounds. Accuracy is at worst, no worse than I normally shoot with a small gun. Sorry, I didn't measure groups. The safety feels good to me, going on and off with a nice solid "snick." The trigger safety hasn't been noticed at all.

The only complaint I had with it at first was the grips stippling was SHARP and almost painful to my soft "old man hands." I took a emery board and kind of hit the points just a tad, and didn't notice the problem the second time around.

Heard back from S&W just before the weekend. They confirmed that there was a problem with the barrel rifling being too shallow. They replaced the barrel for free, test fired and mailed it back. Should be in my hands tomorrow. I’ll get it to the range later this week and then report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took it to the range today after getting it back from S&W. Couple hundred rounds with no issues. Shooting nice tight two inch groups off hand at 15 yards. I guess I just got a bad barrel. Glad S&W solved it for free. Very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accuracy was poor. After shooting a few groups and not seeing the groups I’m used to, I set up a rest and sat down and shot two 20 round groups with two different kinds of ammo. I’m an experienced competition shooter capable of 2 inch groups at 25 yards with the right handgun. However, the best I could manage with the CSX was about 5 inches at 15 yards from a rest. That’s pretty bad accuracy. Probably sufficient for any carry gun, but it’s certainly not a tack driver.

It's a relief to hear that the barrel was the culprit.

My lgs got one in the other day. Feels pretty good in the hand and the trigger wasn't bad. Not a fan of the safety(not the fact it has a safety, just found it a tad difficult to actuate with my thumb easily). I don't think they'll be making a rmr cut version due to a pin location in the top of the slide where the cut would need to be. They may make a plate that'll fit in the rear sight notch though.

Back