S&W 629

I love this thread!. Are we all brothers from a war in Vietnam?

Yep, a Vietnam Veteran forum would be nice.

Funny thing is that I grew up hunting from an early age.

When I got home from that war, a gun made me sick. I would throw up when I saw one. Did not want to be around them. They made me sick!

Will not go into the reasons other than self defense needs from personal experiences that I decided to get a gun. Late 1990s. Learned that I enjoyed shooting and testing my own abilities with different calibers and platforms. I enjoy the concentration, even though there are times when I am frustrated with the different accuracy from day to day with the same platforms...lol.

Have been shooting mainly revolvers (S&W 627 and 629 and Ruger SP101) the last 3-4 weeks and today I pulled out a trusted FNX 40 and stunk the place up!!!

I love it!

After the 40, I shot the 629 and bless my heart, center target every shot (10 yards). The mental challenge....I love it!

In Vietnam....shoving a bunch of ammo in a general direction along with others doing similarly somewhat ruled the day. And, of course the fly boys from all services whom I would kiss today if I met them. And we did have a tad more fire power then than shooting at paper individually today. And, of course, the paper target does not shoot back! :D

To all of you Vietnam VETERANS....WELCOME HOME BROITHERS!

Last edited:
Back