Ruger warranty

Ruger wouldn't fix my Vaquero. In typical Ruger fashion the chambers were tight. Some as tight as .449. This was supposed to be a 45 Colt handgun. Because of the tightness, when I'd shoot cast boolits with blue lube, my targets would have a hole with a blob of blue lube splattered near the hole. The chambers were stripping all the lube off which would then come out the barrel as a blob.

I bought a reamer then fixed my Vaquero, Redhawk and Blackhawk.

IMHO, $45.00 is a deal now days. The last two guns I personally shipped through UPS a few years ago were $80.00 and $81.00. Don't know if UPS or FEDEX would even ship a gun for a non FFL now, unless the factory or receiving FFL has sent a shipping label.

I have owned a variety of Rugers over a period of many years. On the rare occasion I needed an issue addressed, Ruger always fixed whatever the issue was. A few years ago, Ruger replaced a gun for me, and were very nice about it during the process.

Wish all production guns by all manufacturers were perfect, or nearly so. It will never happen, so I'm glad Ruger and some other outfits have good customer service...YMMV

Back