Ruger v. S&W. v. Taurus .44 mag

Well the only experience I have in actually firing a 44 is my Colt Anaconda, a blued Super Blackhawk and a SS Redhawk.

I terms of just looks - I would go:
1. Taurus M44
2. Anaconda
3. S&W 629
4. Taurus M444
5. Ruger Super Redhawk
6. Ruger Super Blackhawk
7. Ruger Redhawk

Based on your requirements and if barrel length wasn't an issue I would say out of your choices, that a Super Redhawk would be the best. I really like Taurus's innovativeness too, but everyone that has ever owned one that know has had some problem...plus my gun dealer always has a new Taurus trade-in everytime I go in there. Damn shame because I really want a 415, a 357 Tracker with a 6", and a 608 with a 8".

I second the Super Blackhawk....then maybe look at a Taurus M444.

"terms of just looks"

Sorry, but no double action revolver is more pretty or better finished than a S&W 629! And, this one is strong. Really strong! I'll shoot anything you guys are shooting from your Rugers.

S&W629VcompHunter.JPG

Robert

Robert,

You can't. Your Smith cylinder is too short.

----------------------------------------

"all my ammo may be too-long factory ammo"

WESHOOT2

Touché!

Knew after I posted that, one of you guys would out flank me. Unfortunately, 300 grains is about all she goes. Using the LBT's from Performance Cast bullets, they sit flush with the cylinder. :)

Robert

Rt41MF

That's okay; you can justify your 629.

But I stll think the Redhawk is the better choice.......for me.

(45 Colt Redhawk, 360g WLN, 1100fps, penetration plus, but fairly stiff recoil hahahahahahahahaha!)

Back