Ruger SR1911 in 10mm, Pros, Cons.

I broke the bottom lug on the bbl on my SR1911-10 with some spicy loads. Ruger installed a new bbl, excellent CS. The firearm, my 1st 10mm was a sweet shooter, but I've never been a 1911 guy, and I have other 10mms that have moved ahead of the line, so I sent it down the road.

Attachments

• Ruger SR1911-10 bbl Damaged 200206 03.jpg
    Ruger SR1911-10 bbl Damaged 200206 03.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 72
I have one. I've had it since summer last year. I've shot "some" factory rounds through it but since I reload everything I shoot (except .22) I prefer my own stuff.

I can tailor the loads to what I want to do on that day. I like to make the brass go to the next county more often than not.

Gun is great overall. Trigger is ok for a 1911 but not as nice as my buddies 1911 45acp. Accuracy is very, very good. If I make the right loads, 75 yard steel targets are in real danger.

It does what I want when I want it to but it is overall length picky with my cartridge overall length.

I think the gun is worth what I paid for it and I'd buy it again at the same price.

If what attracted you to the Ruger, was "smooth, low recoil", you're not going to be shooting any Underwood or Double Tap.

Hard to provide an honest answer due to the current 9mm pricing and overall shortage of ammo(although, it looks like we're coming out of it with "new" pricing). Also, prices seemed to vary depending on your location.

Before the shortage, 10mm seemed to be roughly twice the price of 9mm. I was seeing a typical box of 9mm for $12 while 10mm was at least $20-22.

That's why I agree with smee78 and JDBerg. Buy one in 10mm if you're going to reload if you're frugal with your money.

Back