Ruger Service Six

• Thread starter Thread starter PreserveFreedom
  • Start date Start date
Sign me up

I just put a 2.75 stainless service-six .357 on layaway.
In perfect shape and only $249.
My first gun was a blue security-six with a 4" tube, but I sold it to pay the rent. Now I get to adopt it's stainless brother. :D

Mikey

makarov,
The old Security Six I had, was also the old grip frame. We found that Pachmayr Presentation Grips made for the later models fitted OK. I suspect any "rubber" grip with a covered back strap will fit.

LATE MODEL PACHMAYR RUBBER GRIPS, FITTING OLD MODEL SECURITY-SIX?

Skip-2;

I sure would like to know, how you managed to get the newer model Ruger Security-Six, Pachmayr Rubber Grips, to fit the Older Model Security-Six Grip Frame: Especially, since the Grip Frame, is not only somewhat of a different shape-but, mostly, because the bottom(Widest Part)of the Old Model Grip Frame, is considerably wider(Maybe 3/16")? This would result in the Old Model's Grip Frame, being unable to fit the smaller cutout, in the later gun's Pachmayr Rubber Grips, design!

No pun intended here-just curious, how you did it?

Sincerely;

AIMHIGH

I didn't fit it myself, it was a company gun. A number of times that I took it appart I noticed that the grip was made for a much deeper back strap than this gun had.

Also some years later I fitted the some model Pachmayr grip (it was marked Sec-Six) to a S&W N frame . The hill of the frame was a little larger than the grip, but it fitted OK (you could see a bump appearing on the grip - no big deal).

Skip-2: Fitting Rubber Grips, to Old Model Security-Six?

SKIP-2:

Thanks for your explanation RE; Fitting later Model Ruger Security-Six Grips, to the Older Model, of this same gun(Which has a larger Grip Frame Size, and Shape)!

Actually, I had the same idea, to try and fit the newer Model's Pachmayr Rubber Grip, to my Old Model Security-Six-However, I never found one of those Grips, to try! However, I did measure both the Old and New Model's Grip Frames; And, it became obvious to me, that if the Rubber Grip(s)in question(To be Modified); Pachmayr or otherwise, the rubber was either too hard, or else not enough material available to be cut away(To possibly re-shape) then, it probably wouldn't be feasible, to try to make them fit!

In any event, I was still enthused, by what you said(About fitting the Grips, to the Old Model)because, I thought that if true, then, this would really be an answer, for those of us, who have tried(Without results)to locate the proper fitting Old Model Grips, which are so difficult to find, anymore! I only recently, had the idea to do this-however, I was reluctant, because my Security-Six, is so rare(Made in .38 Special, with Adjustable Sites)that, I wasn't sure if I would really ever shoot it, or not!

Sincerely;

AIMHIGH

Back