Ruger SA Revolvers

DennisE

I've recently become addicted to these critters and now own a shoot a 5.5" Single Six .22LR/.22magnum, a 4 5/8" Blackhawk .357/9mm & a 5.5" BH .45/,45ACP. Anybody else like these Ruger SAs? :) Dennis

A couple of Vaqueros, a SuperBlackHawk and of course, the Bearcat. I have a three screw Single Six (NIB) which I don't use (got a Colt Frontier which I use instead). My favorite for plinking though is the little Bearcat.

My Super Blackhawk is a horse.....but, I like the noise!

My favorite is my Blackhawk in .38-40/10mm convertible. I originally purchased one about 9 years ago. Just bought a second NIB. Why, I don't know? Just so I'd have two out of 6,000 manufactured!

Seriously, the .38-40 is an excellent round. Plenty of power and not a serious recoil. It got me into reloading ($32/box for a box of 50) and a new hobby was born. It's a beautiful pistol and now I have a pair. Thinking about some ivory/ivory imitation grips for both.

RUGER SA SIXGUNS...CAN'T HARDLY GET ANY BETTER...

I have owned every BLACKHAWK, every SINGLE SIX,every BISLEY [ except a 32MAG BISLEY ], in every caliber and every bbl length, over the years and these are the best every day "shootin' guns" of all time. Tougher than case hardened rocks, most of them shoot with superb accuracy. GOD BLESS Bill Ruger! TM
ps: STILL OWN MOST OF 'EM TOO.

I don't have any Blackhawks anymore (prefer double actions), but I do still have, and enjoy, a stainless Super Single Six.

Good guns, except for the SBH's tendency to shear ejector rod mounting screws at the most inopportune times. :)

Had a Single-Six once, and traded it away. I really don't miss it since I got a DA .22 revolver instead.

The only Ruger SA I currently own is a 8-1/2" .30 Carbine Blackhawk.

My first pistol was a single six in 1976,I still have it and shoots like a dream. I also have 3 Vaqueros,3 matching 4 5/8" stainless beauties with ivory gunfighter grips,and a Sherrifs model with black pearlite grips. Makes a sweet cowboy outfit. All my other revolvers are Colts and S&W..PJ

Blackhawks

I have owned most common variations and a few unique ones too. I consider them the most interesting of all my handguns and strongest too. I have even argued the point they are stronger than the super redhawks in many ways. Some refuse to believe that but other than cylinder wall thickness they are. Plus they can be customized with tons of parts out there. i never run out of Blackhawk variations to try and when I get bored they create another 5 or so to drool over. Have you checked out the bankers special type Blackhawk with the short barrel or the Vaquero 32 mag? excellent.

I've heard tell that Ruger is reintroducing the .32 Mag. in Bisley fashion.

Any truth to this?

I'd be interested in getting one of these.

I carry my 44mag Super Blackhawk every time I go working on the ranch. It is a good all around Revolver for what ever I come across. I also keep my Single Six in the truck for plinking. They are both strong work horse weapons.

Dennis,
There is a SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) that shoot SAs all the time. Go to http://www.sassnet.com and check them out. Plus the CAS forum on The Firing Line will put you in touch with some SA folks

Holy Cow!!! I just picked up my 4 5/8 inch .357/9mm. I had my gunsmith do an action job and round the sharp edges on the trigger. I'd already put Ajax Ivory Polymer grips on it. It's trigger pull is now less than 2 lbs and smooth as butter. The gun melts and molds into my hand. Wow! I'm in heaven and breathen hard!!! Double action is still very heavy :) Dennis

This is going to sound stupid... I bought a .45LC Vaquero because I was given a .45LC Lever action rifle... and then I bought a duster (black). With the duster, the rifle, and watching too many westerns.. I had to get a sidearm to go with it. Well, it had to be cowboy so I bought the vaquero. Hey, no one said that you had to have logic when you are buying into your favorite hobby.. :D

USP45usp

Let me think for a minute...

I've owned two Blackhawks that I was rather fond of; an 8ish" .45 Colt and a 4 5/8" .357 Mag. My current is a bright stainless, wood-gripped 4 5/8" Bisley Vaquero in .44 Magnum which is (in my unbiased opinion ;) ) The Prettiest Handgun Around.

Also, every six months or so I get a bizarre hankering for a .30 Carbine Blackhawk. This sudden craving is, of course, the signal for every single one to evaporate from the shelves of local gunshops until the urge goes away and I spend my wad o' cash on something else. Whereupon they suddenly start popping up all over the place again. Go figure... :D

I take a 7.5 inch stainless 44 mag vaquero with Ivorex grips into the woods every time i go elk hunting. OK so it doesn't have target sights.. it will do the job at close range with a 240 grain winchester softpoint load. It rides in a custom cavalry style cross draw flap holster and gunbelt from trailrider products with 18 loops on the belt. The rig is off set by a wyoming knife and cartridge box (which holds a spare mag for my savage 116)

Its VERY cowboy... and a really slick pistol. Sometimes I wish the grip frame was super blackhawk sized, but then it wouldn't look quite right.

I've a couple of Vaqueros myself, a SuperRedHawk and a Single Six (three screw, NIB). Darn if they're not all rugged and durable guns (besides, they survive the "drop" test when I try to do that fancy twirling stuff you see in the movies - gee, they must be using rubber guns).

I have an old three screw Single Six that my Pop gave me, love that gun to death! It was the first handgun I ever learned to shoot. :)

Back